Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wal Mart's new precut fabrics >

Wal Mart's new precut fabrics

Wal Mart's new precut fabrics

Old 07-29-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by cinnya
I just mentioned that on another thread. I bought fall fatquarters from Vip a few days ago. they are color coordinated and they are beautiful. I am so pleased with the fabric ,I am going back to walmart tomorrow to get another set.
I just bought the same set of fat quarters and they're really nice! I was surprise as I had not been too impressed with some of their earlier precuts. I will buy more. :)
Old 07-29-2010, 03:00 PM

I saw the post you mentioned in your post and even sent our Walmart an email about fabrics. I am very sorry to say I got a very disappointing reply. I am adding it to this so everyone can see that sadly not all of us are going to be as lucky as you. We have 5 Walmarts within 40 min drive and not one will e handling anything other than minimun stuff. I have to go to Wooster, OH to get a WM store with real farbric, and that is only because of the large Amish population. I think WM doesn't believe anyone else sews.

WM response, "Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the fabric department in your local store. As with any merchandise decision that we make, we have based our decision to reduce the stitching and fabric departments on customer demand, which does not appear to be as high today for a full stitching and fabric offering in some markets as it may have been at Walmart in the past. In keeping with our emphasis on being a store of the community, Walmart is converting the fabrics and crafts department in some stores to a newly expanded assortment of merchandise that focuses on life's celebrations. We are thrilled to offer our customers this exciting new crafts and celebrations center that makes available craft and party planning needs along with information on current trends and new ideas in the area of life's celebrations, such as holidays, weddings and birthdays. In those stores where the new crafts and celebrations center is placed, merchandise commonly referred to as 'notions' will be included in the product offerings - such as sewing machines, yarn, needles, thread, etc. As a part of this conversion, most of our new and remodeled stores that opened earlier this year, as well as a small number of existing stores, will feature the new crafts and celebrations center in place of bolt fabrics. Walmart will continue to carry cut fabric in most of our stores. Due to the continued evaluation of our stores, we are unable to share a list of existing stores scheduled to receive the new crafts and celebrations center at this time." Sincerely,Walmart Customer Care