Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Walking foot

Walking foot

I hope someone can help me with my problem - my walking foot sits properly on my sewing machine but the needle is not quite in the middle where the grove is and it's a machine on which I cannot move the needle. It's very annoying when I try stitch in the ditch. Maybe someone had the same problem and found a way to fix this. Thanks for your help!
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

The things you do for yourself are gone when you’re gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. ~ Kalu Kalu

Blog Entries
    It depends on the distance a small piece of washer so that it is fitted on washer, foot then screw. . If it needs to move to the right no idea.
    I don't do stitch in the ditch as I find it to difficult and spend most time ditch hopping. Why not try just a shadow of seam.
    Finished is better than a UFO

This same thing drove me nuts on my last machine (but not on the new one, thank goodness)! I was finally frustrated enough that I took a white "twist tie" from a box of bags. Then I hooked the tie onto the front of the walking foot, and could do that because my "foot" had an opening in each side of the foot -- kind of a "slashed open from end to end down the middle of the foot. Hope that's as clear as mud. Anyway, I secured that in place, and then very carefully used a permanent marker to make a dot on the white "twist tie" that lined up with where my needle really was located. Crude, I know, but I just couldn't think of anything else. I tried string, but that wouldn't stay in place. The twist tie really was the only thing I could find that I could secure in place.

Hope this doesn't sound too weird. It really did work for me!
    MacThayer

Banned
    file the slot a little wider

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MacThayer View Post
    This same thing drove me nuts on my last machine (but not on the new one, thank goodness)! I was finally frustrated enough that I took a white "twist tie" from a box of bags. Then I hooked the tie onto the front of the walking foot, and could do that because my "foot" had an opening in each side of the foot -- kind of a "slashed open from end to end down the middle of the foot. Hope that's as clear as mud. Anyway, I secured that in place, and then very carefully used a permanent marker to make a dot on the white "twist tie" that lined up with where my needle really was located. Crude, I know, but I just couldn't think of anything else. I tried string, but that wouldn't stay in place. The twist tie really was the only thing I could find that I could secure in place.

i think it is a very clever idea!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Quote Originally Posted by MacThayer View Post

If it's weird, I suppose I'm weird, too. My first thought when I read the opening to this thread was just to mark a dot on the foot in the appropriate place. I've done that on my serger foot, etc. It's your machine. Do what is practical for you. Happy quilting.
    One step at a time, always forward.

My machine needed a servicing when that happened & he did something with the timing & it's centered now. Is you machine computerized?

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    My machine needed a servicing when that happened & he did something with the timing & it's centered now. Is you machine computerized?
    No, it's not computerized
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

The things you do for yourself are gone when you’re gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. ~ Kalu Kalu