Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walking foot >

Walking foot

Walking foot

Old 07-09-2013, 09:36 PM

Default Walking foot

I hope someone can help me with my problem - my walking foot sits properly on my sewing machine but the needle is not quite in the middle where the grove is and it's a machine on which I cannot move the needle. It's very annoying when I try stitch in the ditch. Maybe someone had the same problem and found a way to fix this. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:47 PM

It depends on the distance a small piece of washer so that it is fitted on washer, foot then screw. . If it needs to move to the right no idea.
I don't do stitch in the ditch as I find it to difficult and spend most time ditch hopping. Why not try just a shadow of seam.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 PM

This same thing drove me nuts on my last machine (but not on the new one, thank goodness)! I was finally frustrated enough that I took a white "twist tie" from a box of bags. Then I hooked the tie onto the front of the walking foot, and could do that because my "foot" had an opening in each side of the foot -- kind of a "slashed open from end to end down the middle of the foot. Hope that's as clear as mud. Anyway, I secured that in place, and then very carefully used a permanent marker to make a dot on the white "twist tie" that lined up with where my needle really was located. Crude, I know, but I just couldn't think of anything else. I tried string, but that wouldn't stay in place. The twist tie really was the only thing I could find that I could secure in place.

Hope this doesn't sound too weird. It really did work for me!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Banned

file the slot a little wider
Old 07-10-2013, 03:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MacThayer View Post
This same thing drove me nuts on my last machine (but not on the new one, thank goodness)! I was finally frustrated enough that I took a white "twist tie" from a box of bags. Then I hooked the tie onto the front of the walking foot, and could do that because my "foot" had an opening in each side of the foot -- kind of a "slashed open from end to end down the middle of the foot. Hope that's as clear as mud. Anyway, I secured that in place, and then very carefully used a permanent marker to make a dot on the white "twist tie" that lined up with where my needle really was located. Crude, I know, but I just couldn't think of anything else. I tried string, but that wouldn't stay in place. The twist tie really was the only thing I could find that I could secure in place.

i think it is a very clever idea!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by MacThayer View Post

If it's weird, I suppose I'm weird, too. My first thought when I read the opening to this thread was just to mark a dot on the foot in the appropriate place. I've done that on my serger foot, etc. It's your machine. Do what is practical for you. Happy quilting.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:16 AM

My machine needed a servicing when that happened & he did something with the timing & it's centered now. Is you machine computerized?
Old 07-10-2013, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
My machine needed a servicing when that happened & he did something with the timing & it's centered now. Is you machine computerized?
No, it's not computerized