Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walking foot >

Walking foot

Walking foot

Old 03-24-2023, 06:32 AM

Default Walking foot

Hi. I'm doing my first project with my new walking foot. However the sole now seems to be lose and is falling off. Went online in the hope solving issue but did not find a solution. Any help please?
Old 03-24-2023, 07:06 AM

If the soles are exchangeable (like on a Bernina walking foot), there's a little screw on the side that just needs to be tightened. What kind of walking foot do you have?
Old 03-24-2023, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
If the soles are exchangeable (like on a Bernina walking foot), there's a little screw on the side that just needs to be tightened. What kind of walking foot do you have?
hi. Thanks for bring so prompt to reply. bought online, no particular brand. Saw some videos online hoping to solve issue. Tried tightening the screw but to no avail.
Old 03-24-2023, 07:34 AM

Perhaps if you post a picture, someone may be able to help. I don't know if it would help to know what kind of machine you are using it on. Since you got it online, do you have a link to where you got it from that you could post?

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
And how to use an ipad to post pictures can be found at Uploading photos

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 03-24-2023, 10:17 AM

if all else fails, usually brand names are the best match to your machine. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:00 PM

Do you have the info to contact the seller? Perhaps they can offer advice about their product or give you a refund if it can't be fixed. It doesn't seem right that the adjustment screw doesn't do anything. Wishing you good luck.
Old 03-24-2023, 11:49 PM

With lots of time and patience, I believe I'm getting there. I think it's a matter of finding the right balance between the screws on both sides. Before, I was only trying with the outer one. thank you all for your time and suggestions.