Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart fabric, again. >

Walmart fabric, again.

Walmart fabric, again.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

Yeah, Boyfriend has to return something to Walmart, so I am going to ride along and check out the fabric dept!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:43 PM

I went to "W" that is 1/2hr from me and they are doing a huge remodel. The craft Dept. HAS MATERIAL!!!! fqts $1.oo ea. Cranston 1Yd is $6.00!! They are in 1yd. lengths. There are alot of pkg. deals. Purses $12.00 Fat 1/8 and 1/4 bundles are $10.00 and up. and so on. They aren't finished with the Dept. yet OH!! 108 wide muslin 3yds pkg is $16.00 Better deals @ JoAnn's but might be good if in a pinch.{JoAnn's is 1hr. away]
Old 05-14-2010, 03:22 PM

Since Sam Wal. died and his family took over they dont care that thier Dad wanted to focus on the rural and senior citizens. The quality is down and definetly the customer service has gone almost completely. They will slowly lose all their following. We will go else where. Jolo
Old 05-14-2010, 03:31 PM

That's a great price....i will check our Walmart this weekend!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 05-14-2010, 05:01 PM

Thanks BellaBoo for that info....i will look for it as my WM still has fabric and so does another WM in my area...hugs SG
Old 05-14-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Granna of 5
I found this site and love it. Our wal mart has already discontinued the fabric. But maybe through this site I can
acquire the quits and fabric.http://www.aenathan.com/index.php?tmpl=quiltofthemonth

thanks Granna...i went to the site but didn't understand it..can you buy from there? I have to go to my WM tomorrow and find out about this....I had no idea they had a monthly pattern and special fabrics...they certainly don't advertise it....thanks again ....SG
Old 05-14-2010, 05:13 PM

Just got back from WM...BOM May fabrics (A E Nathan) were $2.47/yd. At that price I couldn't resist. They are very pretty soft pastels that I will be able to use for a baby girl quilt for my niece who is expecting in June. The clerk in the fabric department said that they will have fabric until 2011 when they remodel the store and said that she thinks they will still carry fabric in the future because they sell a lot from this particular store in Canton, GA. She also said that everyone must call or write to voice their opinions if they want to make a difference.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:29 PM

It did at our Walmart in Sherman, Texas, also, but when the store was remodeled the fabric went out the door. Many other things of particular interest to women also went out the door, although management will tell you the new "party " department is designed to appeal to women.

I much preferred the fabric.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:05 PM

Hi everyone.....I too want WM to keep their fabric department in every store.....so I too wrote a letter and tomorrow I will also call.Here is my letter:

I am writng on behalf of the hundreds of women who sew all types of items eg: quilts, clothes and or home decor items. We are all across this great country of ours.We ask that you continue to have a fabric department in all of your stores including your new ones.
We have relied on WM for all of our sewing needs for many years. Our economy has forced many fabric stores to close but we could always rely on WM to be there for us. So please reconsider your plans and keep your fabric and related items department in your stores....Thanking you in advance....Sincerely, Rona J Flaherty, Naples florida

I hope many of you will write and that this helps....hugs SG
Old 05-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Google Goddess

When they remodel our Walmart in Indiana, they did away with the fabric department as they said not making $ and they made the electronic department bigger, we don't shop much now at Walmart