Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart Fabric - Big Sale >

Walmart Fabric - Big Sale

Walmart Fabric - Big Sale

Old 05-04-2009, 04:22 PM

both of these are keeping the fabrics. I didn't go to the third one. I imagine they are going to be the same.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
I just RAN to my local Walmart after reading this and we are in Amish Country so they are keeping the fabric department, but I am about to go to two more that are 25 miles from my house. They are both in Penn State territory and probobly not in Amish territory so they might have the sale. We shall see. Stay tuned for more info.
well, you've got kwhite on the run, and it does make me want to go to mine, tomorrow. I almost went today. I parked and everything, but felt too bad to get out, so came home. I'll ask neighbor, and if I have to, I'll go in a wheelchair, lol!
now, have to sell something...,keeping the kitty,...need the car to get there...hmmm, what can I get for a used hubby?...probably my butt whooped! bad idea...he might not get me much fabric. I've got to think on this one :roll:
Old 05-04-2009, 06:42 PM

I was at a local Walmart today but no Big fabric sale there. They have a small fabric department and it looks as if it is staying. There are some $1, $2 sale fabrics but they are very thin or ugly or both.

Got a good deal at Joann's this week. Picked up some excellent fabrics on the reduced shelf for $3 per yard. I used my 50% off coupon so I purchased 3 yards at $1.50 per yard. Never knew they would take the coupon on the reduced fabric, they won't use it for the fabrics on sale but I'm not complaining. May in Jersey
Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

I'm torn. I would love to have a big fabric sale at my Walmart, but not if it means they are no longer going to carry fabric.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:56 AM

Here in the Houston, Texas area the Wal-Marts are slowly closing out fabric departments. That would include areas from Galveston all the way to at least Conroe. The fabric sales are not announced, just have to happen up on them. Many of our Wal-Marts have a lot of good fabrics. Some of them I have found in quilt sotres and they are around 4.44 per yd and up. With so many people upset over losing this department in Wal-Mart, hard to understand why it is being taken out. Our quilt shops here are closed on Mondays. A real bummer as far as getting started on a Monday after having worked out a plan over a week-end.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:32 PM

After seeing several in the area close, I asked my WalMart girls if the fabric dept will be closing. They said it would be gone after the next remodel in 2010. (southeast Kansas) :-(