Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart Fabric Update >

Walmart Fabric Update

Walmart Fabric Update

Old 07-29-2011, 07:11 PM

They have started bringing back bolts in my Walmart, but I am on a fabric diet!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by kydeb
Know what you mean about not being able to find someone to cut it! I was there one time and some other customers and I waited, paged, waited, paged, and waited some more. Finally, I took a look at their little scanner - no code needed to scan the fabric so I cut mine - along with a couple of other customers - and we were on our way.......still no one in sight to cut fabric!!

Originally Posted by meanmom
My Wal Mart used to have fabric. Most of it was decent quality. One reason I didn't buy it more often was because I could never find anyone to cut it. I would have to wander around until I found someone. They would often promise to send the fabric person over who would never show up. I often threatened to cut my own. Mine has fabric now I haven't bought any yet as I am trying to stop buying fabric. I have way too much.
That works and so does picking up the paging phone and calling for help. I've done that several times and suddenly all kinds of people diverge on me! froggyfowlerintexas
Old 07-29-2011, 07:56 PM

The Aurora,CO W-mart (close to Aurora Mall) is remodeling AND getting a larger fabric dept: lots more bolts, batting, notions, etc AND AND AND it's closer to the front of the store!! How nice of them to make it more convenient and faster for me to spend my money (-;
Old 07-29-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kath12
If you can't find anyone to cut your fabric, take out your cellphone and call the store. They will page someone for you. How do I know? I answer the phone for my local WM and customers who can't locate anyone gives me a call. Our WM will be getting their fabric back but I don't know when.
Heck, I don't use MY cell phone to call for someone to come cut my fabric, I use THEIR phone that's hanging on a post by the cutting table. Dial 0 and "POLITELY" ask for help in the fabric dept. Now you can take my "politely" any way you want.

According to one girl in the WM in Fremont, MI, they're getting more fabric, but no more room. Prices are higher. :::sigh:::

Nita in MI
Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 PM

I have 3 Walmarts within 20 minutes of me. 2 of the stores in Ft. Myers removed there fabric , but the 1 in Lehigh never removed theirs, but the dept. moved and is smaller. I do not like pre cut fabric and would never buy it
Old 07-30-2011, 03:06 PM

all our walmarts here have there fabrics back.Thank you
Old 07-30-2011, 03:24 PM

The Walmart in Muscatine Ia was getting theirs back the last time I was in there. It wasn't as large as it used to be but, they will have it by the bolt. Now, Tipton needs to get theirs back in and we will be set. LOL I doubt that this will happen but I can hope. ;)
Old 07-31-2011, 11:14 AM

I sent WalMart a thank you email. I wanted them to hear something positive after my "negative" email about discountinuing fabric departments.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:19 PM

I live about 1 mile from one Walmart and about 4 miles from another. The one closest I will not set foot in because it is taking a real chance even parking in the lot. The crime is terrible. This store is where they moved all the fabric to from the One 4 miles away. I inquires at the Derby store and was told I'd have to go to the crime ridden store for fabric. They told me we would have to call the 800 number and send e-mails to get it returned to Derby. I guess we will have to flood their phones and e-mails.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Zhillslady View Post
The 2 Wal-Marts closest to me have never discontinued their fabric but this year both have gotten slightly smaller. The fabrics that were $3.50 & 3.97 are mostly $5.95+ now. The broadcloth they had at 1.97 is $3 and too thin to use as quilt backing. I do look there for my backing but with the LSQ selling 108" wide for $12.99 that usually comes out cheaper. However I will admit I do look everytime I am there. I was glad to see warm and natural batting is half the price per yard of Joann's. Our Joann's here has surpassed the LQS price on a lot of things so I avoid them plus they are a 30-40 minute drive for me. The batiks last week were $12.99 a yard at Joann's and $9.99 & 10.99 at LQS.
If you're unhappy with their prices, check out some of the online fabric stores. They always have great sales and selctions and most have free shipping over a certain amount (usually $25, 30, 50). Thousands of Bolts, Fabric.com, Connecting Threads, etc.