Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WalMart Newspaper Ad today,  Fabrics Are Back  PLUS >

WalMart Newspaper Ad today, Fabrics Are Back PLUS

WalMart Newspaper Ad today, Fabrics Are Back PLUS

Old 09-19-2011, 05:03 PM

Just came from the new walmart and I love, love, love their fabric department. They have what they call "Seasonal" quilts. It contains the fabric and patten in a bundle for onl 25.00!! the one I purchased had 6 yards of fabric!! Beautiful
Old 09-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The work force in China is getting smarter. Many are demanding higher wages and getting them. The manufacturers have no choice but to pay! Isn't this how the unions came about here? History will repeat, it's one big cycle.
good...then maybe we can get our MOM & POP stores back!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:19 PM

I got the same flyer in our paper but I went to our Walmart today
to check it out and they don't have it yet.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
These whine on Walmart threads really irk me as nearly 11,000 readers on this board already know. The Nebraska stores are not only being restocked with fabrics but they are adding large sections for crafts, yarns and other products similar to what Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's carry. Yippee!!

I wish that some of you would stop to realize that Walmart is not a professional quilt shop and that the fabrics they carry are for ALL SEWERS, not just quilters. Many cotton fabrics are intended for children's clothing, making shirts and blouses etc. Why on earth would anyone feel that Walmart fabrics are inappropriate for quilt making when it is likely that some of those fabrics were never intended to be used for that purpose?

Fabrics are coming back to Walmart. I believe that the big push was to start in September from what I have read. It's just now the middle of September. Give 'em a break eh?! All this complaining is going to make them believe that they'll never be able to make quilters happy and I hope that isn't the truth. Anyway...just how many Walmarts are there in this country?? I know the big city closest to me has a least six super stores and they are building another one there. 2000 stores is probably a drop in the bucket to how many there are across the country, it's going to take some time.
I just come from visiting 7 diffrent wal Mart stores in Mid east Ne only 1 had fabric and the others knew nothing about or when they would get Fabric. they were all called Super wal marts
Old 09-19-2011, 06:44 PM

Was in Sunday paper here, too. Wal-mart is only 2 miles from me and we are one of the few that never lost the fabric department, thank goodness.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:01 PM

I got the same flyer but we have always had fabric at the store on South Hill (the first one) but not at the newer one up higher on Meridian. I noticed that they had added more fabric lately.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:34 PM

I received the ad Sunday also. But unfortunately, the Wal-Mart closest to me (three blocks) will not be getting fabric back. Their loss!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:39 AM

Wonder if anyone has tried to use other store coupons and match prices when other stores like Jo Ann's had something on sale??? As for me bought bunch of material last week before this went into effect and headed Thurs to our Quilt Fest.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:42 AM

I'm on vacation in Monacqua, Wisconsin. the Walmart is new pretty and clean. If you are a crafter you might find what you want. If you sew, forget it!
How stupid is this? You can purchase 2 different sewing machines or a serger, but there is no thread except for the multi very tiny spools in the plastic box, no cone thread for your serger, and not one stitch of fabric to sew on! Oh and you can buy batting, pillow forms, foam for cushions and beds, but still there is NO fabric to use these items!!
I don't get the idea here! they don't even have the precut projects. So Silly.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:42 AM

Champaign IL store will have fabric in 1-2 weeks. Last week an employee said about 1.5 weeks. The aisles were cleared out and a cutting table was already in place.