Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WalMart Newspaper Ad today,  Fabrics Are Back  PLUS >

WalMart Newspaper Ad today, Fabrics Are Back PLUS

WalMart Newspaper Ad today, Fabrics Are Back PLUS

Old 09-19-2011, 09:08 AM

Our local Walmart doesn't have fabric yet. But can drive 25 miles either way and they do. So guess until our local gets it will just have to keep driving .
Old 09-19-2011, 09:16 AM

One of ours got it back too.Am just thrilled.We also got that flyer. Now I am able to get fabric at 3 of our WM. YOO HOO!!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I am not a fan of mom and pop stores. I grew up in a rural area with very few stores close by. The only choices we had were what the store owners wanted to stock and they stocked only what they knew would sell. Nothing new ever made it to the shelves. I like big discount stores.
I never thought about it like this! Definitly a new perspective.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:19 AM

YOu know what? Last year I asked a corporate lady that was in my local store why they were getting rid of the fabric. She had the nerve to tell me that walmart was looking for a higher class clientel. I told her then that the quilters are what put walmart in business and they could darn well take them out. hehehe Looks like we got our wish of fabric back at walmart. Yippie. All it took was some of us to shop somewhere else.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:00 AM

Well Green Bay East, did it again. I was told material would be back this fall. Well good by to sm. pkgs. of poor material they had hanging on the rack. About 2 weeks ago I saw about 10 or 12 bolts of fabric, but couldn`t get waited on. I was told soon they would have a cutting table and more items, and then it would be easier to get waited on. Well I was back today! And guess what, there was the cutting table and NO material! They said their Super WAl-Mart was a small super store. And they would not have material after all! Guess I`ll stay with the store I had to use while they were making up their mind. Then I`ll just buy everything I need in that area.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:03 AM

Just PHONE your WM! I recently called one and learned they not only have fabric but have improved the fabric and fabric section; however, they don't have great batting.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:12 AM

My local WM has pre cut fabric only so far! Most are 2 yrd pre cuts, then there is 1 yrd packs the FQ's for .97 cents. the pre cuts go from $3.97-12.97 a pack. I did notice that alot of the fabric is thinner you can see through it. It isn't the same quality that they once had yrs ago. Alot of novelty prints & animal prints. Not alot of solids. They are carrying alot of quilting notions and a few more machines mostly cheaper end singers & brothers. They also are getting more yarns. Still no cutting counter at ours!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:32 AM

We have two stores here and one never got rid of their fabric and one did. The one that did get rid of it has a full fabric dept. starting in two weeks. I asked the other day and it's on it's way. I'm expecting good things because the clerk there was showing me how much had to be moved and re-arranged just so the fabrics can come back. Hooray!!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

Congrats to you - my closest Wal-Marts do not have fabric and don't know if they ever will get fabric except pre-cuts and even then that is uncertain.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:50 AM

We've always had fabrics in our WM but lately they seem to have cut the associates to the bare bones and it's hard to find anyone to cut. It is getting more variety and better fabrics but I agree that it may not be lqs quality. I use the fabrics to make small wall quilts that I don't intend to wash very often and I hasve quilted table clothes that have lasted years with washing regularly. :thumbup: