Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmarts new ''price match'' policy!! >

Walmarts new ''price match'' policy!!

Walmarts new ''price match'' policy!!

Old 07-04-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Wow, you got a great bargain

I also had heard that Walmarts was bring back the fabric departments
Here near Green Bay, the super WalMart carries lots of material and sales, some good designed fabric too and colors
Old 07-04-2011, 10:05 PM

I read on this forum that walmart is having a sale on brother sewing machines. (Project runway) and SQ9000 which I bought. There is a discussion on this forum but I cannot find it tonight. very knowledgable people. Haven't tried it yet.
I keep mentioning thatbwhen I go to the fabric dept. I also buy from many other depts. And automotive is much bigger than their fabric dept. So they must think hubby spends more than I do which is not possible!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:46 PM

Good to know. Glad you decided to check it out.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jodimarie
Yesterday, I ran up to St. Joseph, Missouri and checked out one of their Walmarts....WOW....total remodel with fabric moved to the center of the store! Really didn't ''need'' anything but I did find FQ marked down to 75 cents!! OK....for that price I will buy a ''few''. Long story short, I drive back home to Leavenworth, and go out to my local Walmart. It is a totally new store and I've been told, one of the largest in the chain but NO fabric.....just the FQ's and pre-cuts. I deceided to check out their ''price match'' policy and took my recept up to the check out and WOW.....they sold me all the FQ's I wanted for 75 cents. Didn't even look at my receipt. It is one of the better things that Walmart has deceided to do.....

jodi
Ours were marked down to 75 cents too,but two days later they were 30 cents,,,so I grabbed a lot!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Any clearance item marked at one Walmart any other Walmart will sell the item at the clearance price if it is in stock. I bought lots of fat quarter bundles marked down at one store for $3 bundle, and went to the next town's store and bought more that wasn't marked down, at the clearance price. I wanted more of the same fabric to make a throw. I like shopping at Walmart, I know I can afford anything in the store. The highest price item in it is what, an IPad?
This I didn't know. That is wonderful. Just keep the sample of and receipt of the thing you bought when you go to the other store, huh?

This is wonderful for people who have several stores in their area!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Any clearance item marked at one Walmart any other Walmart will sell the item at the clearance price if it is in stock. I bought lots of fat quarter bundles marked down at one store for $3 bundle, and went to the next town's store and bought more that wasn't marked down, at the clearance price. I wanted more of the same fabric to make a throw. I like shopping at Walmart, I know I can afford anything in the store. The highest price item in it is what, an IPad?
This I didn't know. That is wonderful. Just keep the sample of and receipt of the thing you bought when you go to the other store, huh?

This is wonderful for people who have several stores in their area!
I worked for Wal-mart for 8 years. Just quit 3 months ago. Policy is they don't price match their own stores. Prices vary because of location. You need to double check because the cashier doing that can get into alot of trouble. It was automatic termination at our store if you are caught doing it. Just sayin.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:28 AM

I was wondering if they will price match from Joann's sale flier. I would like some patterns now that I am a new grammie and JAs puts them on sale from time to time. Problem is they are over an hour away.

piney
Old 07-05-2011, 07:32 PM

The walmart closes to my house is 10% or more than the other 3 stores that are within 10 miles of my house and they will not match another walmart price. So I drive the extra 7 miles if I don't need it right away. More money for fabric that way. LOL
Old 07-05-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
Wow lucky you! I wish (hope) my Walmart brings fabrics back soon.
I have noticed that not all WalMarts on my side of the state have fabric. I think our WalMart heard loud and clear from the folks in my area. Fabric returned about 6 weeks after it was removed.