Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Want to make this but I'm short on Fabric

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome quilt and fabrics... not an easy decision.. good luck with it!!

OK, I will ask, what is the book that the pattern is found in? I know it might look simple to most, but I need directions for everything, including cooking! I have always wanted to do a two color quilt and your choice is so pretty, thanks, Cindy...

It is from McCalls Quick Quilts March 2007. My mom borrowed it to me. There are many fun ones in it.

I always follow a recipe when cooking. My sisters give me greif about it, but everything I make turns out.

Suz
    If you still have your receipt from the purchase, the numbers identify the fabrics you selected. I would think than they could they send it to you. S

pal
    I bought black w/pink polka dots and ran out. The next week I went back to the same store and bought more. Guess what? The blacks were different! I opted to use the new fabric with the first fabric - how off
    could it be......I'm still kicking myself. It went from a gift quilt to a quilt
    for the couch downstairs. uh, in the basement. Another lesson learned.
    The probability that you could match fabric bought a year ago is pretty
    darn slim. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I'd make the trip... And I'm 45 minutes away from Jo-Ann's...

I don't know if you wash your fabric but, a friend had red in her quilt{hand quilted it] and time to wash it, you guessed it, the red material ran!!!! so give it a patch test washing , just to be sure.

I bet you knew that.

I think you definitely need to go back to JoAnns :roll: :roll:

thanks for the info - maybe we could exchange a recipe or two,I have a great beef stroganoff one from my mother...have a great week...

If you still have the selvage which shows the manufacturer and name of the fabric pattern, there are online fabric shops that will send it to you almost by return mail. One I have used several times is www.fabricattic.com.

You can also look up the manufacturer online and see if they still have it in stock. I have found www.MummQuilters.com with Debbie Mumm fabrics to be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy146
    If you still have the selvage which shows the manufacturer and name of the fabric pattern, there are online fabric shops that will send it to you almost by return mail. One I have used several times is www.fabricattic.com.

You can also look up the manufacturer online and see if they still have it in stock. I have found www.MummQuilters.com with Debbie Mumm fabrics to be very helpful.
    I agree with Nancy 146. I have been able to find many fabrics using the info on the selvage and have even contacted the company. They are usually very helpful, especially if it is recent. I have even done that with a pattern and the company emailed me the discontinued pattern for free and even ask if I had all the fabric, if not for a discounted price they were going to send me the any of the fabric, that they still had in stock.

Opps, I just went back and looked at the red, I think I have it,does it kind of look like flower petals? I can't really tell, bought it about a month ago at our JoAnns. The only thing is, I am using it in a Baseball quilt for my nephew which I am working on now. When I get it all put together, which will take me a little while, I can't stand to cut for long periods of time. I will see how much I have left. I have a couple of yards, but I am using it for borders so not sure what will be left. I will let you know. You can have what ever is left. Also I always wash my reds and this did not seem to bleed.

I really like the pattern, what magazine is it from? The one thing I found about JoAnn's red fabrics is that many times they have a tendency to bleed so I always wash my reds from them first. No need to worry then about the entire quilt turning pink. You probably already knew that but I just shudder at the thought of not speaking up and having someone else have the same disaster happen to them that happened to me. Since I do a lot of applique, I do not always wash all my fabrics first because they seem to be crisper if I don't. Only wash the ones I think might bleed.

Some suggestions about this quilt-having seen it done up many,many times-you can use two colors ie: red/white but use different reds throughout.It looks great and the impact is the same.
    Also-when cutting out the fabric-look at quicker ways to do it. I think there are parts that you can strip piece instead of cutting individual pieces. If you want more info pm me and I will ask the girlfriend who did it for more details.

I think this pattern would be great looking with blue and white for a quilt for my sister's beach house. Wow! I got another project. Where did you get the pattern and what is the name of it.
    Your quilt will be smashing..be sure to post when you get going!

Maybe you have to buy new and add this to the stash. BTW I love the pattern, what magazine is that in?

Wish I only had 30 miles one way to go it 80 miles one way for me. I do alot of online shopping or call with credit card and have them send the fabric. The gal at Shep Camp fabric in Riverton, WY. will even pick out the colors for you with your help on the phone if you need it.

Blog Entries
    Don't just wash - wash with Synthrapol - especially reds and blacks! You can usually find it in detergent section of grocery store, and many LQSs have it. It chemically binds with loose dyes in the washing machines.

Do you have a jet printer? If you do, scan the fabric and then print out few pages using the special fabric sheets that are sold. (The same fabric you use to copy a photo into a quilt. Follow the directions to set the ink and then you can cut out your smaller patches using the 8 1'2 by 11 sheets.

The pattern is from a McCalls Quick Quilts 2007. I think I remembered from reading it a page or so back on this thread. :?

Banned
    I'd check Joanns first...I bet they still have it...... Fingers crossed for ya. Let us know ok?

Love the pattern....where can I find it?????

Oops done toldme.... I was scanning and didn't get the mccalls 2007!

I had bought some fabric from Joann's for a quilt for my daughter and could not find more at the store. I contacted customer service and they found what I needed in several stores in several states. If you really want the same fabric, I think that is the way to go. Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast