Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Want to see Houston's 2010 winning quilt?

I totally agree with everyone - OMG it's stunning!!!!!

I will NEVER be this good!!! It takes my breath away!! So perfect and intricate and detailed. I will only dream of the day I could so something like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vicki reno
    I would be afraid to even hang that one on the wall for fear that something would happen to it! Too beautiful.
    LOL, one time in Paducah Sharon was standing by her quilt answering questions. She would grab the quilt, flip it over, pull it out to the crowd so they could see up close. She is not afraid of her quilts.

Stunningly beautiful, but I'll confess I'm having trouble figuring out which visual elements are attributable to fabric design vs. applique vs. piecing vs. quilting. She certainly is a master at the art!

Senior Member MomtoBostonTerriers's Avatar
    This quilt reminds me of the first time I went to Houston and saw the quilts there. I was DEPRESSED! Those quilts have nothing to do with the things I make. So, I spent the rest of the week-end shopping in the vendors' section and tried to fagedabutit.

Wow, that is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Okay, everyone, stop saying you will never be as good as Sharon. She started out just like the rest of us...at the beginning. Here is a link to a forum post by her son where he shares a photo of her first quilt: http://sharonschambernetwork.com/tab...2/Default.aspx

I hope this makes some of you feel better. :)

It is too hard for me to find the right words to describe this quilt. Unbelievable.

But thank you so much, ChubbyBunny, I second your last statement completely. Sharon started like all of us - but she must have a special talent and a great gift to do the things she does today. Obviously she found her own very personal way so we all can catch her style in thousands of quilts. I'm full of respect.

I read all the comments and words are inadequate, aren't they? I even enjoyed seeing her first quilt that her son shared--you can see how much love the quilt gives him. And what can be more important than the love of a quilt, love of quilting, love sharing quilts, giving quilts, and just love knowing I can appreciate and actually follow the expertise, talent, and details in Sharon's Best of Show Quilt. And truly I love that I don't have to even try to aspire to this level. I am content.

beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That is an amazing quilt. God bless.

20 years from now it will still be WOW.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4