Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: warm & natural

warm & natural

I just went to joanns to get some and the cutting lady said it is going up $1 a yard the 6th of feb. I bought the rest of the rolls and thought I could use my 50% off and then 20% on total purchase but the cashier said I couldn't. oh well just thought I would pass the info on in case anyone needs to save alittle.
    Last edited by gsbuffalo; 01-27-2012 at 12:39 PM.

WOW That is a lot. Thanks for the info.
    Linda

I go to JoAnn's so often with a coupon and they tell me I can't use them. Seems that all my purchases are on sale so coupons can't be used. Just a way to get you in the store?

Some of the 20% off total purchase may vary, but I'm SURE I have used these in conjunction with each other. I'll be sure to read the fine print next time. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnye View Post
    I go to JoAnn's so often with a coupon and they tell me I can't use them. Seems that all my purchases are on sale so coupons can't be used. Just a way to get you in the store?
    I'm like you...more than a little perturbed at their coupon policies...and they change every time they print them! The ones for 20% off seem to me to be just bait to get you in there...it "ain't" like it ever happens!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Yes, I am about fed up with JA's, sure wish there was somewhere else to spend our hard earned bucks.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

I noticed since Joanns was taken over that they have cracked down on using coupons. One girl got fired for allowing a customer to use too many on one purchase. Now you have to read the fine print to see if you can use it with others.

I just shop on line and not at Joanns anymore.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Yeah you can only use one at a time, the 20% one is only good if you are buying stuff already on sale so you don't need the 50% coupon

I think Jo'anns has learned that we all shop batting when its on sale or with a coupon. So taking the price up ensures that they will still make a good profit . The whole Jo 'Anns coupon/sale thing is to give you the perception that you got a good deal. Would you really pay $12.99 for some of their "quilters' cottons, but when its 30 percent off you feel a little better about it?!!! so its all in the buyers perception.

There is a reason the amount you saved is in a much bigger font on your reciept than anything else. It gets you to focus on the discount or the "savings" rather than the price you paid.
    Last edited by Lori S; 01-28-2012 at 08:08 AM.

So tired of J-A coupons. can use can't use, I go 50 miles to a J-A and then the coupons don't work. Then they will not use the pefered customer one with other ones. UggggggggggggggggH
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I think Jo'anns has learned that we all shop batting when its on sale or with a coupon. So taking the price up ensures that they will still make a good profit . The whole Jo 'Anns coupon/sale thing is to give you the perception that you got a good deal. Would you really pay $12.99 for some of their "quilters' cottons, but when its 30 percent off you feel a little better about it?!!! so its all in the buyers perception.

There is a reason the amount you saved is in a much bigger font on your reciept than anything else. It gets you to focus on the discount or the "savings" rather than the price you paid.
    It is just like Hobby Lobby. Majority of their fabric with the exception of seasonal and a few others is always 30% off so you can't use their coupon on it.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

W &N going up again?!! What are we to do? I'm checking online and stocking up.

Just cleaned out the closet in my sewing room and discovered lots of batting I stockpiled! It seemed like every time I got to Joann's, what I wanted was on sale so I couldn't use the coupons. So I would buy a queen size pre-packaged batting. I should declare a no more spending on fabric and batting year but there goes all the fun!