Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Warning...don't organize your stash! >

Warning...don't organize your stash!

Warning...don't organize your stash!

Old 06-10-2011, 04:12 AM

When I Organize my Stash I had so much more room to buy more :lol: :lol: :lol: I only have 4 tops to quilt.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:24 AM

Glad to know that I'm not the only one. However, I have a motto - If you see a fabric line you like/love, you'd better buy it.....it won't be around long and then you'll have to pay more for it later when it is "out of print". That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:29 AM

I keep my stash organize all the time. I keep all my dark, medium, and light color fabric in their own separate area. I even separate them according to their size (such as yardage size, fat quarter). Then I put a sticky note on each one to tell me how much I have of each fabric. I even do this with my scraps. Then they are separated by color. This makes it easier for me to fine what I am looking for. I use to work in the library when I was going to school. I guess it just a habit I have of keeping things organized.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:36 AM

I think that you should regard your stash as entertainment. I don't smoke, drink or gamble so I probably spend much less on fabric than a smoker would spend on smokes. I really enjoy my quilting and fabric and play in my sewing room every day as it is my sanity saver. I intend to use as much of it as possible and when it no longer brings me pleasure or I can't stitch any longer, my daughters have been instructed to share it with those who love fabric too.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:38 AM

I have stash envy. Right now it would take me less than a minute to organize. Or maybe its quilt envy or fabric envy. I am on my way to Paducah on the way home from vacation so I plan to help keep the quilting industry going for those of you who say no more buying. (P.S. I can tell this is an addiction that does not go away, so I think we will all continue to buy, buy, buy!)
Old 06-10-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
I think that you should regard your stash as entertainment. I don't smoke, drink or gamble so I probably spend much less on fabric than a smoker would spend on smokes. I really enjoy my quilting and fabric and play in my sewing room every day as it is my sanity saver. I intend to use as much of it as possible and when it no longer brings me pleasure or I can't stitch any longer, my daughters have been instructed to share it with those who love fabric too.
ditto
Old 06-10-2011, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
sounds like me!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by pineneedles4

I will not buy fabric, I will not buy fabric, I will not buy fabric!

I am not a fabriholic...I can quit anytime....I will not buy fabric!

Vanessa in Oklahoma
YEAH RIGHT!!!!! Its in the blood!!!! :) :)
Old 06-10-2011, 04:57 AM

Just offering to help...no ulterior motive...ROTFLMBO--

send any unwanted fabric my way. I love petting it and talking to it and telling it I love it... I have a stash that rivals a small store. I haven't bought fabric in 2 years and have made over ten quilts, including one king and at least one queen, except for specific projects that were commissions! And, there is not a noticeable dent in the stash.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:04 AM

Fabric is my hobby and admitted addiction. I feel no need to make any excuses for purchases made. Quilting is a secondary joy that fabric brings to me. If it gets too organized in this room, family would wonder about me...lol. It's my playroom!