Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Washing Quilt >

Washing Quilt

Washing Quilt

Old 08-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Reb

I'm planning to give a quilt with a container of Quilt Care. This is for a special friend who I know is particular about her laundry.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:12 PM

I wash mine the same way Misty's Mom does except I use a color catcher as I don't always prewash my fabric.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:09 PM

I must be awfully picky. I wash all my fabrics before I add them to my collection. After I make a quilt, I usually don't need to wash it. I keep most of my quilts. However, if I use spray adhesive to baste the layers together, I do wash my quilts before giving away or before storing. I fill the washer with cold water, put in the soap (I just use regular soap), agitate until soap is dissolved. Then I carefully add the quilt and make sure it is submerged and move it around a little with my hand. I let it soak for about 15 min., then I set the machine on empty and spin dry. I refill the machine twice with cold water and let it soak twice in fresh water about 10 min. to make sure the quilt is rinsed. I only spin dry each time. I usually put it in my low heat dryer until it is almost dry. Then I lay it out on the bed or floor to completely dry. It always comes out very nice.
Verna