Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Washing Your Quilts >

Washing Your Quilts

Washing Your Quilts

Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM

I toss mine in the frontloader like regular laundry. The first few times they are washed I use a color catcher until I know that there will be no running. Then into the dryer on regular dry. I love the crinkled look and with each washing they get softer and more cuddly. I guess the ones that I have as normal around the house quilts get washed every couple of months. I also look at it this way - if they start to get worn out, that's another reason to make more!!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:06 PM

I don't have any in cabinets, just bed quilts. I need to wash frequently, cats, cat hair, cat barf, you know the drill. I also must dry them in the dryer because of seasonal allergies & the need to get rid of the aforementioned cat hair, lol. Thus my quilts don't last as long as I'd like, I have one made by my grandma that needs some serious repair work. I'd like to replace each of the 4 grandma quilts in rotation with some I've made just so I have the treasures to give my girls some day. I try not to dry on hot and occasionally do hang them out but it makes it difficult for me to sleep under them with the pollen.