Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wasn't a smart move on my part. >

Wasn't a smart move on my part.

Wasn't a smart move on my part.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:58 AM

Haven't done that yet..............but give me time and I probably will. Glad you were able to get it out quickly. My luck I wouldn't notice in the first place.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:10 AM

My husband once washed his hair with hand lotion. He was in a hotel and you know how those bottles are all the same size....

A long time ago, when I used to buy spray-on antiperspirant, I grabbed the hair spray instead. Didn't realize it for a couple of hours. That was an uncomfortably sticky day at work....
Old 08-14-2017, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
I'm thinking it might be a good idea to move the bottle of fray check that I keep by my machine over to the other side of the room
Glad you were able to remove it before it caused any problems!

Rob
I did "oil" one of my machines with Fray Check. Same size bottle - same sort of nozzle/tip - I was wondering why the machine seemed to be turning harder instead of more easily - THEN I looked carefully at the bottle in my hand.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:35 PM

My daughter used her dad's toothbrush to put Vaseline in a smaller jar to take on vacation. He didn't realize it until we were already one vacation. He couldn't understand why his teeth were slippery until she told him. He just laughed.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:22 PM

After cornstarch and baking powder began being packaged in the square plastic containers I measured 1/4 cup baking powder into a cup of sugar and poured the mix into hot fruit for pie. I was dumbfounded when the filling seethed and bubbled up. I called myself several bad names.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
My heart was in my throat when I was reading that.

I once nearly brushed my teeth with my Cortisone cream. Jim keeps putting it on the left next to the toothpaste.

LOL my little brother DID brush his teeth with a dusty "feminine hygiene" product instead of tooth powder--both packaged in shaker tins. Ladies of a certain age may remember these. ROTFL back then.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:00 PM

2 of my Aunts laughed all through Church one night because one of them had sprayed their hair with
canned room spray. It began to smell pretty much and that is when they decided what had been done.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

So far I try to keep things separated, in the bathroom and sewing room. I for sure don't put things in the kitchen that is not meant to be eaten. Who knows when I may change course?
Old 08-14-2017, 04:13 PM

My worst, I was eating a brownie in bed without my glasses on. I looked at my hand, and though I saw a crumb there, so raised my hand and popped it in my mouth. . .

Turns out it was a fly (it was cold so it wasn't moving fast) - my cats eat them but I sure didn't care for the taste and spit it out fast.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:21 PM

Back when I used a spray underarm deodorant, I sprayed hair spray into my armpits. Yuck!