Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
By The Way….Did You Get A New Sewing Machine For The Holidays? >

By The Way….Did You Get A New Sewing Machine For The Holidays?

By The Way….Did You Get A New Sewing Machine For The Holidays?

Old 12-26-2018, 07:52 PM

No machine here, but I got a Juki 2200 QVP Mini in March and bought the white FW at an estate sale in the fall. I did get an extension table for my SewEzi table though which I'm really excited to use.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:44 PM

Best husband ever.

I didn't think he could beat last year's gift, which he called "A Year Together". He printed a monthly calendar, and he had planned something for us to do together as a couple in every month. We spent a weekend at the beach in January; took a glass blowing class in February; March was a murder mystery dinner theater; April was a weekend at a local resort lodge. We took a motorcycle endorsement class together; we went on a dinner cruise; we took an awesome bbq/grill class together; you get the idea. We had so much fun, did a lot of things we've wanted to do for a long time, and grew even closer. My friends were so envious. I told our kids that he showed me the best gift was time spent together.

This year I really didn't think he could top last year's gift, but what was under the tree? A 26" Innova. They're coming to set up the frame and machine on Friday. I am beyond excited!
Old 12-26-2018, 10:24 PM

I’m excited to share that I purchased (with DH’s blessing) a Janome Skyline S7 in early December. It is quite an upgrade for me as my previous machine was a Brother Simplicity SB700T. I am absolutely in love with my new machine. I am happily sewing more and not fighting my machine as much. I made an entire quilt as a Christmas present already. I hope everyone is enjoying their gifts!
Old 12-27-2018, 04:50 AM

Peckish, you win the prize! What an amazing gift you received last year. I'm going to admit that I'm jealous! This year's is pretty nice, too.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

Peckish, what a great gift of time together from your DH. I have to plan all our activities and trips or DH would never go anywhere except hunting. He loves to hunt as much as I love to quilt.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
New Pfaff Ambition Essential on extended Black Friday sale. Happy Happy !
I have 2 Pfaff Ambition Essential Machines. One stays set up for piecing and one stays in the travel case for taking to Retreats. I love this machine! I also have a Bernina 430 that I keep set up and use it mostly for binding. Enjoy your new machine.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:10 PM

Peckish...I love the idea your DH had last year and am excited for your Innova gift this year too.

My DH has always been supportive of my quilting hobby. We designed a room addition over our garage in spring of 2017 in the pursuit of my dream to eventually have a longarm machine. Ta dah! My Bernina Q24 was delivered on a truck this afternoon. Now I just have to wait for a team to come set it up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]605879[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]605880[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails efd809c9-2837-4b9f-83dc-8d2fe0c717d1.jpeg   a7b6ec12-e9f8-4598-9129-622ed3752461.jpeg  
Old 12-28-2018, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ellen 1 View Post
I'm glad to see I am not the only one with 3 machines set up at the same time. Love rolling my chair to the correct color thread.
I also have several machines set up...Vintage 301 Singer, Reproduction new Singer featherweight, my combo Viking SE emb/sewing, Singer emb machine and Sashiko Babylock...I have several more vintage machines to set up for display and use but have to figure all that out still. We recently built a new home and I made sure my Sewing Studio was super Large after working in a 11x13 rm for yrs.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:58 AM

No, but I gave a machine to my DIL and her daughter for Christmas. I don't think it went over well. They didn't seem very enthusiastic about receiving it...a beautiful Singer 301A, in perfect condition that came out of my collection of old machines. Maybe it will come back to me, or maybe they'll be inspired to start sewing. Time will tell.

~ C
Old 12-28-2018, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by MicheleC View Post
I’m excited to share that I purchased (with DH’s blessing) a Janome Skyline S7 in early December. It is quite an upgrade for me as my previous machine was a Brother Simplicity SB700T. I am absolutely in love with my new machine. I am happily sewing more and not fighting my machine as much. I made an entire quilt as a Christmas present already. I hope everyone is enjoying their gifts!
Congrats on your new upgrade...it sounds like it has made a huge difference in your productivity.