Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wedding Quilt >

Wedding Quilt

Wedding Quilt

Old 08-23-2015, 05:27 AM
KLO

Originally Posted by cindi View Post
To everyone who has made one: Were your signatures permanent after it was washed?? I've got all my snowball blocks paper-pieced, and am trying out different pens now. Just wanted your opinions on how your pens held up through several washings.
cindi, The wedding signature quilt that I made was a wall hanging so it has not been washed. However, I have used the pigma pens on other things and as long as you iron them to make them permanent, they should be fine. Whatever pen you end up using, read the directions so you know whether it can be made permanent and how to do that. You might even try washing some samples before using the pen on your blocks. Good luck with your quilt.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:51 AM

I was at a wedding 2 years ago the groom's mother is from another state and she set up the table at the reception with 5" white squares and instructions not to write within 1/2 of the edge. All the pens were there, no one stood there telling us what to do but it was announced during the meal and dance. I need to ask the bride how it turned out. I love the idea!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:52 AM

Press all the signed blocks with a hot, dry iron to set the ink. Then sew the blocks together.

Originally Posted by cindi View Post
To everyone who has made one: Were your signatures permanent after it was washed?? I've got all my snowball blocks paper-pieced, and am trying out different pens now. Just wanted your opinions on how your pens held up through several washings.