Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
were do you send your charity articles? >

were do you send your charity articles?

were do you send your charity articles?

Old 03-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Banned

Like Shelbie, most of my charity quilts go to my Quilt Guild for distribution - last year, which I organized, they all went to the local Women's Shelter,
On my own I've given to a boys home. I had a teenage grandson at the time (I still have him but he's older) and thought we'd made lots for babies, girls and mothers. I got the most wonderful letter from the youngster who got it. He was thrilled and so was I. I've also donated to the Animal Shelter and to a local church who'd requested some for elderly poor church members.
I think anywhere where there are folks in need is a good place for your donations.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Banned

At my local Women's Shelter they are given to the Moms and kids to keep.

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
thx, for the ideas. keep them coming. maybe we will all will get a few ideas. you got me thinking. about a homeless shelter for women and children that i know of in lansing. does anyone know how most work? do the 'clients' get to keep the blankets, or are they washed 4 reuse and kept in the facility? which way do you prefer?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

downey quilts for kids, st. Judes, linus project; the womens resource center (for the shelters) the fire department (for families who have lost all in home fires), relay for life, challenge mountain, the local hospital pediatric department and the hospice house are the (main) ones i donated to this past year- sometimes the list changes a bit but these are the ones who usually get quilts, pillowcases, afghans from me---and special requests---like the cheer team, the swim school, other (fund-raising) local requests.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:54 PM

Right now there are many tornato victims that need quilts
Old 03-07-2012, 05:20 PM

There are also "no-kill" shelters for homeless pets...you can make fairly small quilts, and boy! do they love them! I try to do several a year for a local one, also give a few to my vet.