Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What about the "sew steady" riser table?

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    I've finally come to the conclusion that I can't get a cabinet in my small sewing room, but yearn for a flat surface to piece and quilt. I've been looking at the Sew Steady riser-like tables. Opinions, please!

Blog Entries
    Love it! I have one for each of my machines.

I used one of those for 10 years and it was a great thing to have.

I have a couple of them and love them. I currently have a cabinet that my machine sinks into and the acrylic cut-out is also by sew steady.
    When I take my machine anywhere I take my 24x24 table with me!

Blog Entries
    I ordered my Sew Steady table at the beginning of summer from a sewing center. It took 7 weeks before I received it. I was not happy that it took so long to get it, but now that I've been using it for a few weeks I love it.

Blog Entries
    I don't know anything about the Sew Steady but I bought a Safco Folding Computer Table from Overstock.com for less than $100 ($2.95 s&h) and I love it! My machine sits on the adjustable keyboard section and my quilts are supported by the table. It was mentioned here at the board this summer and also by quilter Harriet Hargraves.
    I hope you like whatever you decide on.

Blog Entries
    i don't have that one, but i do have the clear extension table for my gem platinum. and i love it. it will also help when you quilt..

The sew steady table is a great investment. I would get the largest you can afford. I got a smaller one and I wished I would have gone larger.

I recently posted a question about Sew Mates extensions and the replies were very positive. These modern marvels are adjustable for most sewing machines - therefore eliminating the need to purchase different extensions for each of your machines. I am going to be purchasing one of these in the very near future.

Sue

Where would you find one of these. I've never seen it before or even heard of it either

Here is the link - http://www.sewingmates.com - Check them out - folks that have them say they are great. I have no connection to the folks that have designed and are selling them - I am a quilter that was looking to solve the problem of several machines... don't want to purchase several table extensions..
    Sue

I have had the sew steady and love it. I don't use it any longer except for retreats as I finally got a sewing table with an insert. My friend also has a Sew Ezi table with an insert that she is able to use in her sewing room and on retreats. It's really cool, packs into it's own cover and has wheels on one end so you can wheel it when you need to. I don't have any connection to this, but just wanted to let people know about it. Here's the link:
    http://www.seweziusa.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by dellareya
    I ordered my Sew Steady table at the beginning of summer from a sewing center. It took 7 weeks before I received it. I was not happy that it took so long to get it, but now that I've been using it for a few weeks I love it.
    Was lucky to get to go to Quilt Mkt and got one wholesale - it took a long time to come in but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingQueen
    The sew steady table is a great investment. I would get the largest you can afford. I got a smaller one and I wished I would have gone larger.
    Ditto this....I got the larger one and now I'm very glad I did. I use it all the time.