Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is the best compliment you ever received. >

What is the best compliment you ever received.

What is the best compliment you ever received.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:49 PM

When my friend Linda told me that the quilt I made my Mom was the prettiest quilt she had ever seen. She said she collects quilts so she knows a good one when she sees one, and that I should've entered it at the county fair quilt show.

She was being very generous with her compliments ;) ;) ;)
Old 05-23-2011, 01:06 AM

2 Christmas's ago I made both my daughters and their husband blankets, they each had their own. When my oldest daughter found out that they were done she rushed over so that she make sure that she got 1st pick over her older sister. And she tell me you always know just what we would want and the one that she wanted just had to be made for her ( it was).

The other is when my DH sees a good looking woman he tells me she good looking but not as beautiful as my girl. I keep trying to tell him I just the girl next door. But just this sun rises and sets with me.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:27 AM

When my son asked for matching pillowcases for a duvet cover I had pieced together on the fly for him! Made from precut Walmart fabric no less! So not my best fabric or most time spent. Go figure!

Here's a link to the cover. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-103484-1.htm
Old 05-23-2011, 02:40 AM

My daughter made me a birthday card this year that thanked me for teaching her how to love.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:51 AM

Just a couple of months ago when my little grandy aged 3 was putting curls in my hair , they were everywhere , but we used the last one and she said " Grandma you beauitful "
at that stage she could of asked for anything and Grandma would of given it to her . She just melts my heart .
Old 05-23-2011, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Mine was from my former sister-in-law. Back in 1982 I made her "second dress" to be worn at the reception of her wedding to my brother. Also took apart & resewed 2 bridesmaid's dresses that someone made wrong. This was at a time when I was tight on money, short on time & gas for my car, but made the trips necessary across town to do the fittings, use my mom's machine to do the sewing, etc. Never got a thank you from her.

Until last year that is. I made a baby quilt for my great-nephew and gave it to my nephew's wife at her baby shower. My former sister-in-law was there. When B opened her gift & everyone realized it was a handmade quilt, my sister-in-law started gushing about what a great seamstress I was, how I made all those dresses for her wedding, how I had sewn since I was a young girl, on & on. My jaw was on the floor! I never realized how much she did appreciate what I had done. I guess at 17 (her) & 22 (me) you just don't communicate it the way you can at 45 & 50 LOL!!!
I WON'T GO TO THE HOSPITAL TO GET MY TONSILS OUT UNTILL WE FIND MY FAVORITE QUILT THAT ARLENE MADE ME.MOM IT IS SO SOFT I HAVE TO HAVE IT.THE LITTLE GIRL I BABYSITTED UNTILL SHE STARTED SCHOOL SHE WAS ONLY 4 THEN AND NOW SHE IS 9 NOW.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:27 AM

I take every compliment as the best. I am blessed no matter what the situation.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
My Mom always tells me "I really think you're a doctor. You know as much as they do" (I'm a nurse )
Ditto here...this sounds like my mom and a few other people...another thing that makes me feel good is when someone I taught to quilt is telling another person that they couldn't have done it without me...LOL
Old 05-23-2011, 03:52 AM

I'm not sure its the best .. but will never forget the first time some one refered to me as an "Artist".
Old 05-23-2011, 03:55 AM

The great response to my "4 patch posie" quilt that I posted on the board!