Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What to buy - questions and help needed.

Banned

What to buy - questions and help needed.

So what to buy, a Tin Lizzie 18, a couple of years old but not out of the box yet or a 1 year old light use used Baileys 17 Pro with stitch regulator added. Both include frames, frame on TL only can go up to 10', Baileys has a Gracie Queen frame. I have not seen either one yet. Trying to decide ... I can go see the Baileys, about a 3 hour drive. The TL is still in the box, unopened. It would have to be shipped to me - seller paying half of shipping fee. both priced fairly I think.

Any advice is appreciated. Especially from users of either - pros and cons would be great.

Blog Entries
    i know that Bailey's owners really love their machines
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

hard choice, both are nice machines, good luck with your decision
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

I have heard many bad reviews about the TL. Nothing bad about the other.

Which one has the most features? Which one will you have the most help on? Guess those are a couple questions I would have.

I'd be too scared to invest $$'s on something I haven't tried out before purchasing. Personally, I would also need lots of instruction (sounds like you could make a day or weekend trip to get the Baileys and maybe get a few hours of instruction, as well?)
    Pfaff Ambition 1.0
    Pfaff Performance 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by tezell0801 View Post
    Tin Lizzie 18, a couple of years old but not out of the box yet

Is there a logical story to go with that. I'm suspicious of things like that. Someone spends a few thousand on a quilting machine then leaves it in the box?

Blog Entries
    You may find this helpful. I havent read it. http://piraterodgers.com/tutorials/t...tuff/index.htm

I don't have either machine, but I have heard/read about problems with the Lizzie and nothing but good things about the Bailey and their service. When we have the space and the money, I'll be getting the Bailey.

I have also read many bad reviews of the Tin Lizzie and the negligent customer service. I have only read of a few happy owners of that machine (on this Qboard, I think). There are lots of used longarms available on different websites. Pm me if you need help with that, and I can refer you to some. I wouldn't buy something I couldn't test drive, especially when it costs as much as a car, lol!