Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What color fabric do you have the most of in your stash? ...Least of? >

What color fabric do you have the most of in your stash? ...Least of?

What color fabric do you have the most of in your stash? ...Least of?

Old 09-18-2019, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

What's funny is that first, I don't have a real stash, and second, I say I am not a fan of greens, but, a lot of my quilts have greens in them, and I love the outcome!
Old 09-18-2019, 10:31 PM

Pink, green,red is 3 I have the most. Many floral fabrics and next is many Christmas fabrics.Very few blenders. A few batiks.
No neutrals. Very little orange.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:48 AM

As one of the ones with a lot of blue, it's not that I don't like orange -- I've actually been having a lot of fun using a lot of orange this year, it's that I just don't have much of it. I no longer buy fabric to fill in gaps in my collection but I can tell you that there are years when there just isn't much orange, maybe 1-2 bolts in a shop.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:15 PM

I have a lot of blues, black , purple. Very little yellow
Old 09-19-2019, 10:27 PM
Power Poster

That's me to a tee.....lots of colourful fabrics and prints but not much in the way of white and solid black....I am learning to buy more blenders/solids.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by LisaInOhio View Post
I have honestly been thinking about this exact question the last couple days! I'm very anxious to see what color stands out in my stash. I just started quilting a few months ago but dove in head first. I've made 6 quilts but 5 of them have been for babies so that skews color results. I've been acquiring lots of fabric and precuts since then, some with a specific pattern or person in mind, some not. Just last night we put the finishing touch on the furniture we built for my new sewing (half) room so I am finally to the point I can jump into my stash to organize and display it. Everything is in tubs so far. I know a lot of my precuts are multi colored and batiks (my faves) but I'm anxious to see what becomes prominent when I get everything out. My yardage is getting wrapped onto comic boards and my precuts will be displayed/organized somehow - eventually. I'm digging into those tubs tonight after work - I can't wait! Thanks for this question, it's fun to read all the responses!
Welcome to the wonderful world of quilting Lisa! As quilters, most of us become fabric collectors as well. It sounds like you have caught the quilting bug as you mentioned you have made 6 quilts and have only been quilting a few months.
Congrats on your new sewing space. It has been fun to read how other quilters feel about certain color ways. Good luck organizing and displaying your fabric. (ps. don't let the sunlight shine directly on your fabric, as it will fade it)