Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What color fabrics will be trending in 2021? >

What color fabrics will be trending in 2021?

What color fabrics will be trending in 2021?

Old 01-25-2021, 03:33 AM

Default What color fabrics will be trending in 2021?

I have read that Covid has inspired new color trends to be popular in our homes. If you google color trends for 2021, you will find interior decorators are stating that Covid has inspired the colors in our homes to be more warm and sunny, or calming or rich jewel tones. I read the fabric designers are also choosing more florals to bring the outside colors in to our homes.

What colors are you seeing as being popular in quilting for 2021?
Old 01-25-2021, 03:51 AM

The trending colors in my quilts are what I have in my stash! Just a sassy response. I would say the "warm" colors. I see even in the modern quilts more of the warmer color tones. On the other hand I am seeing more quilts in soft "beach colors" like sand and variations of blue/turquoise/purple with pops of orange and green. Humm. Those are cool colors, but they remind me of warm beaches.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:56 AM

Just another "sassy" response, but it will probably be lots of what I don't have
Old 01-25-2021, 05:49 AM

I am seeing more large florals but personally I sort of use colors I love and I am trying to use my fabric rather than buy more. Sounds dull but I have a healthy supply of fabric.😁
Old 01-25-2021, 07:03 AM

Our sales reps are saying yellow and grey are the new trending color combination for this year. Yellow is my favorite color, so I'm good with that part. But I don't understand the whole grey thing that has been around for so long. I have seen more browns coming back, which I like.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:48 AM

The trending colors are what I like, I don't really pay attention to what the designers like. I have a stash of beautiful fabric I like and they are trending at my house.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:04 AM

Like others my stash will be the ruler of what I do this year. I agree with WMUteach on the whole color palate from beachie to warm jewel tones. I have a feeling that anything that can take our minds and hearts off of COVID will be popular.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:22 AM

I use mostly stash also and actually, your colors now will be the trendy ones in another year or so.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

I just use what I have.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
Our sales reps are saying yellow and grey are the new trending color combination for this year. Yellow is my favorite color, so I'm good with that part. But I don't understand the whole grey thing that has been around for so long. I have seen more browns coming back, which I like.
I saw that too. Was it Pantones colors? They had a range of yellows and greys. They were pretty.