Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you buy today any fabrics, tools, patterns etc?

I didn't buy a thing.

I bought 4 quilting books, from amazon.
    The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns, by Jinny Beyer. 496 pages, and 4050 patterns. Also 23 Great American Quilt Books from the early 90's that I didn't have! :-D :-D :-D

this is a fun thread! I'm making a "scrap" (Ha!) quilt out of batiks but wanted to fill in gaps so I bought $70 worth of 1/8 yd strips and spent hours organizing my collection. Too fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    About 13 yards of Civil War fabrics! :D
    13 yards!!!! WOW!! I don't think I have ever done that at one time. I think I would fall down in "happy convulsions".

Quote Originally Posted by roselady
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    About 13 yards of Civil War fabrics! :D
    13 yards!!!! WOW!! I don't think I have ever done that at one time. I think I would fall down in "happy convulsions".
    I have a couple of times and believe me, I was grinning from ear to ear for days :lol:

Blog Entries
    I bought 12 yards of basic grey fabrics today.....and a new hair do at the salon...and breakfast...and lunch..gas and I think that is about it so far??

I went grocery shopping, and to Home Depot to get some tacks for my design board.

Today I went online to fabric.com. I bought several pieces of fabric that were on sale. Spent over $40 so the shipping was free! YEA new fabric to drool over!!!

Ditter

Nothing today-bought 21 yards from the Eleanor Burns site last week. Hopefully that package will come tmo

Blog Entries
    Well, we stayed home today, been snowing last night and windy so hubby had to use the snow blower to clean out the driveway. I'm tired of snow in Indiana.

Have fun buying your cool stuff and let us know.

Happy Quilting!

Karen

I ordered a pattern book.

I just got my order from Connecting Threads, and a coupon/flyer from JoAnns' in the mail today. Heading out to that end of town so will swing in to JoAnns'to see what they have on sale for their 'remodeling sale.'

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    My sister and I just took a trip to am Amish community. Bought 10 yds of fabric. Went to their grocery store and stocked up on wheat flour, muffin mix, cornmeal etc. It was a fun day.

Doesn't sound like there is a recession in the quilting industry!

Today I was at JA's and bought some rulers - the square up triangle I read about here, the square in a square, and the F & P add a quarter inch.

A neighbor gave us a slab of salvaged solid surface counter top that is going to become a sewing table. Today I finally found the perfect thing to go under it - right height, on casters, has a drawer, will hold the serger - perfect! And they were on clearance on line, thank you very much!

Have an order of books due from Amazon any day. Fun, fun, fun!

Blog Entries
    I bought the 1/4" slotted ruler at Joanns. Need to buy some thread from AtlantaThreadCo when I have time to make a phone call.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    3 pieces of 1/2 yard each cream color (prints) fabric for my next quilt and about 5 pieces of 'remnant' fabric in a variety of colors/prints.

I got my order from Fabric.com today. 8 half yard pieces of red, whilt and blue prints for DDs quilt. Oh, I love seeing the UPS man stop at my house!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by no1jan
    I have to get to Joanne's and use my 50% off coupon. Not sure what I am buying yet!
    If you can't find anything, you can use the coupon on rulers. There are so many different kind of rulers these days. You could also use it on batting or InsulBrite if you make pot holders or hot pads.

Today I went thrift store shopping with some friends and my husband who were all looking for books. We went to 5 stores and I came home with 20 yards of quilting cotton fabric for a total price of $15!!!! The smallest piece is 1 yard, the largest is 4 yards. I'm still smileing.

I went to JoAnn's today and purchased 4 FQ of batiks, a card of buttons, 2 skeins of DMC floss, 3 packages of bobbins and iron patches for my husbands denim shirt elbows.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    Today I went thrift store shopping with some friends and my husband who were all looking for books. We went to 5 stores and I came home with 20 yards of quilting cotton fabric for a total price of $15!!!! The smallest piece is 1 yard, the largest is 4 yards. I'm still smileing.
    :shock: I would be too. That's quite a find!

I hit Walmart's today to get dog food etc. but I NEVER leave without checking the $1.50 fabric. I'm getting ready to put up a flannel board to arrange blocks. Came across a boly of deep beige with 3 1/2'. Perfect! I tink the darker color will show up the quilt blocks better. I tried a small piece of white but didn't like it. Any comments?

I really can spell bolt and think. Cut my index finger pretty deep on my left hand and my typing isn't what it should be. I'm also left handed.

Blog Entries
    Hi,

How did you cut your index finger? Oh my, I hope you are doing better today?

We are staying home today!

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by mar32428
    I really can spell bolt and think. Cut my index finger pretty deep on my left hand and my typing isn't what it should be. I'm also left handed.

oops! I just bought 27 fat quarters from the Storybook VII collection by Windham Fabrics.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast