Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what did you Do while the board was down today?? >

what did you Do while the board was down today??

what did you Do while the board was down today??

Old 08-16-2011, 05:42 PM

Spent the day at the doctor's office with my mom and dad. Mom is 77 and has a cyst on her ovary. She had to have a stress test done today to make sure her heart can withstand the surgery. (She takes meds for irregular heartbeat) Should know the results in a couple of days. After I came home, I had to take something for a headache and lay down. Not much done today. Oh, and the "mass" the doctor thought he saw by the cyst turned out to not be cancer. Praise the Lord.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:42 PM

Was there a warning that I missed that the board would be down?
Computer offered me and update. Took the update. Couldn't log onto the board. So I kept turning off the pc, restarting and trying to log on. Ugh! Finally, I worked on the queen size quilt I have in progress. I sewed the wrong piece on the wrong place last night. About 4 pm today I measured and confirmed the error of my ways. Ha! I ripped and resewed, did some pressing of pieces, measured some more and went outside in the 104 degrees barefooted to determine the right side vs the wrong side of my batik. Is there a right/wrong to a batik? Almost 9pm I can finally get on the board. Long day without it. Ha!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:46 PM

I washed several loads of laundry and sorted through some of the boxes that I received after the death of my DMIL.
I didn't even know it was down until about 5p.m.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:47 PM

Took a long NAP.......
Old 08-16-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by GGinMcKinney
Was there a warning that I missed that the board would be down?
Computer offered me and update. Took the update. Couldn't log onto the board. So I kept turning off the pc, restarting and trying to log on. Ugh! Finally, I worked on the queen size quilt I have in progress. I sewed the wrong piece on the wrong place last night. About 4 pm today I measured and confirmed the error of my ways. Ha! I ripped and resewed, did some pressing of pieces, measured some more and went outside in the 104 degrees barefooted to determine the right side vs the wrong side of my batik. Is there a right/wrong to a batik? Almost 9pm I can finally get on the board. Long day without it. Ha!
There is a right and wrong side but sometimes it is very very difficult to figure it out. I try looking at the design, if there is one, to see which side it's slightly "clearer" on. Sometimes the right side will also have a slight sheen over the back. Others may have some ideas. If you can't tell, no one else will either!!!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Sad to say, I did nothing but keep clicking to see if the board was up. Sad huh? :oops:
I'm with you...lol...ok, I did go to the store for awhile, but then just click, click, click... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 08-16-2011, 05:52 PM

I thought something was wrong with my computer. So I ran the anti virus, rebooted, still nothing. So went to the post office and grocery store.

I hate when something like that happens. I don't have the know how to fix problems. Then I start thinking I NEED a new computer!!!! :-D
Old 08-16-2011, 05:54 PM

I fussed to my husband that I was going into withdrawal!!! I also finished quilting the top of my friend's quilt and ran 3 miles. It was 102 when I ran, but that is about 10 degrees cooler than it has been. (Yes, I am addicted to both running and quilting. :) )
Old 08-16-2011, 05:57 PM

Did some hand quilting, dusting, went grocery shopping, checked some other sites for some things, scrubbed the porch, went to the PO, and afew other small tasks
Old 08-16-2011, 06:01 PM

I taught a Bible Study today so just now learning it was down. Glad it's up now though.