Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What did you get with your secret coupon from Joann's ??

I bought 5 yards of fusible fleece to make more Bow Tucks totes!

I went early on Sat. and it was busy, waited in the cutting line and the check out line, Used my 50% off on quilted material that was 17.99 reg. price for 1/2 off, I will make a purse.

Blog Entries
    cool, can't wait to see your purse

Quote Originally Posted by earlylace
    I went early on Sat. and it was busy, waited in the cutting line and the check out line, Used my 50% off on quilted material that was 17.99 reg. price for 1/2 off, I will make a purse.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    Such good ideas for coupons! You have inspired me to venture out to Jo-Ann's tomorrow. Was it really a zoo?
    Chele, I don't know how your store will be. Mine is always crazy- very disorganized, always out of things, I just am not really wild about it. But oh well......... :D

how do you get a flyer?

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leota
    how do you get a flyer?
    You have to sign up to me on their mailing list.

Blog Entries
    The place was a zoo deluxe here too. Madness.
    But I got a bolt of fusible interfacing for light to medium fabrics, with my 70% coupon.

What a shame they do not allow more things on the coupons.
    But I like what I got, definitely can use it and definite savings.

I used my 70% coupon on a $230 sewing cabinet that I got for $69. Don't know if the cabinet is good as I have to wait for someone to come over and get out of my SUV and put it together. The joy of being a widow.

I took my 50% special coupon and my 40% regular coupon to Michael's and got two gallery wrapped artist's canvases that I will paint and mount small art quilts on. :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    I didn't get a coupon!!!
    ME EITHER!!!! I'm still upset about it! :evil: :evil: But after reading all the postings earlier about what you couldn't buy with the coupon, I'm not sure I've missed out on much. :roll:

The store remodel last year took out all the fine art supplies here. I was an 80%, and got a whole bolt of gridded interfacing, and most of a bolt of Wonder Under. Got some other fabric, already on sale, but was able to get the 10% off total order coupon to help on that. I'm happy with my finds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    My coupon said it was not good on sewing machine department items.
    At the store they said the cutting tables and the cabinets were all "sewing machine department items" and would not let me buy them on the coupon.

NOTHING! Everything I wanted was on sale. :thumbdown:

Blog Entries
    I used my Joann's scratch coupon. It was 70%. I bought 8 yds of Kona fabric for 14.38. YEA Me

My was only 40%. Not worth the trip as that is what we always get. They should have had them all 50% or above. I always run into the problem of most things I want on sale also. But I am glad some of you got great deals!

Quote Originally Posted by tcnmom
    I used my 70% coupon on a $230 sewing cabinet that I got for $69. Don't know if the cabinet is good as I have to wait for someone to come over and get out of my SUV and put it together. The joy of being a widow.
    What a deal!!!! I hope someone comes soon! I know how it feels to have to do everything yourself.

I found the scratch off on the flyer after I left Joann's on Friday. So off I went yesterday and got 3 1/2 yds of backing fabric for $15.87 with my 70% coupon.Worth waiting in line for a savings of $30.21!!!!! That is 108' wide too!

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I got a 70% coupon. Spent it on a bundle of fat quarters that I am going to use in an applique hen and chicks wall quilt.

Blog Entries
    I had 40% off, but couldn't use it because everything I bought was already on sale. PLUS, they charged me twice for the same material! I need about an hour to figure out their receipts. And, of course, I shopped at a store that's about 60 miles away from home (we were visiting friends) and I won't drive that far to get $3.98 back. GR-R-R-R-R!

Sue

Blog Entries
    i am going up there now, with my 60% off..and see if the Pigma pens are on sale or not. i use them for the labels or signature quilts..

Blog Entries
    I bought a new lamp with my 50% off coupon-my son let me use his desk lamp and then took it back. So, I had to have some light-can't wait to get it all set up. Then, I bought some fabric for the Halloween tote bags I am making. The best part was shopping by myself. My DH and DS Love to go to Joann's with me and I don't mind but sometimes it is just nice to wander and not play find each other.

I never have figured out how to get them to mail me a flyer. :cry: I do get e-mail coupons occasionally. I enjoyed having a couple extra copies today and handing them to the woman checking out behind me. She was so surprised to be able to get an extra 10% off her entire purchase (on top of the one coupon she already had). It made my day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lab fairy
    I never have figured out how to get them to mail me a flyer. :cry: I do get e-mail coupons occasionally. I enjoyed having a couple extra copies today and handing them to the woman checking out behind me. She was so surprised to be able to get an extra 10% off her entire purchase (on top of the one coupon she already had). It made my day.
    you have to fill out a form IN Joanns to get the flyer. and once you get them coming, you need to take the whole flyer with you, so they can scan the code,near your name/address, to keep them coming. i try to remember to have them scan once a month.

CRH
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    GRRRR Guess what I ended up getting for my secret cpn of 50%??
    A package of extra fine pins, yeah.
    That store near me is a zoo. I couldn't wait to get out of there.
    But I love my pins and also got some grips for my rulers and a large rotary blade.
    I want to hear some GOOD deals!! Pray tell ! :D
    I had to laugh at the package of extra fine pins. That's what I get also when I can't find anything else to use my coupon on. Then as I sew I can throw away any that are bent. (My other choice is a package of sewing machine needles.)

I bought a whole bunch of muslin! I use it for backings, applique and so much more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2