Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is the difference.... >

What is the difference....

What is the difference....

Old 07-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Google Goddess

good idea

Originally Posted by kellen46
Here is another thought on toddler sheets....Instead of a cotton top sheet, use polar fleece. The advantages are, it is as washable as the bottom sheet, it will not bunch up and slide around like cotton sheeting, it is instant warmth when you crawl in on a cold night, it can be used in lieu of a blanket on hot evenings, other bedding like quilts will stick to it and not slide off the bed with restless sleepers.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Banned

buy the larger sheets and them make them like a pillow case to SLIP over the mattress....and then snap closed on the open end...this is what I did when I had a custom made bed and could not find sheets to fit it at all....worked like a dream...
Old 07-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Banned

Here is another thought on toddler sheets....Instead of a cotton top sheet, use polar fleece. The advantages are, it is as washable as the bottom sheet, it will not bunch up and slide around like cotton sheeting, it is instant warmth when you crawl in on a cold night, it can be used in lieu of a blanket on hot evenings, other bedding like quilts will stick to it and not slide off the bed with restless sleepers.
due to the fact that fleece is a polyester it will not breathe like cotton does..so the body can not regulate its own temp under it..
also it is made strictly from chemicals (polyurethane)..not the best thing to put a baby on that has not had time to adapt to things and it could trigger allergies...
Old 07-04-2011, 08:50 AM

I would check with the thrift shop for good used sheets, A queen size flat would give you a top and a bottom and a pillow case. At my thrift shop a queen sheet goes for about a dollar...big savings.
I agree with this. I've seen lots of sheets at thirft stores for very little money.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:05 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I use flannel
Old 07-07-2011, 09:46 AM

Ok. Well, I guess I will take a trip to the thrift store. Was just hoping to be able to use the neat novetly prints for sheets, but sounds like it might be easier to just modify larger sheets.
Love the idea for flannel and fully intend to make some for winter. We live in a mobile home (otherwise known as a craphole trailer) and it gets very cold in the winter.
Thanks ladies for all your input. Can always count on you!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i've purchased 116"wide batiks to make sheets for our bed- they make beautiful (designer) sheets at a much better price than i can find in the stores.
OK now my interest is peaked. Where do you find 116"wide batik?