Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What to do with all your quilts!?!?!?! >

What to do with all your quilts!?!?!?!

What to do with all your quilts!?!?!?!

Old 03-06-2010, 12:25 PM

I've been quilting for 4 years. All mine either go to family and/or charity. I am now working on one for my hubby. Maybe he'll share it with me.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:26 PM

I've been quilting for 4 years. All mine either go to family and/or charity. I am now working on one for my hubby. Maybe he'll share it with me.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:57 PM

I have been quilting for a few years. Most have gone to sisters :friends & new babies.

I try to finish what I start......I am working on 2 different quilts at this time..one for a friend going through chemo: the other for my sisters bday.
I find the process very therapeutic ..........
Old 03-06-2010, 04:56 PM

The senior center that I go to are making quilts for Project linus .. I have 5 tops finish's (1) is completed (2nd one is almost completed......The quilt size I made is 44 by44 ...But they can range in size from 36 to 44 in size....
Old 03-06-2010, 05:59 PM

I have made a quilt for each of my three children, 2 grandchildren, brother, and sister-in-laws from fabric they have chosen. I live in a rural area and have shown quilts at the county fair (and won some blue ribbons). I am retired and peacing the quilts is my theropy. I do not quilt them however, I have a machine quilter who does a beautiful job.

Our guild makes quilts for the Project Linus orginazation. We only have 18 members but average 30-40 quilts a year for the project. The web cite is www.projectlinus.org
Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Banned

When I learn how to quilt, I will make one for each one of my family members for christmas gifts, and probably do more doll quilt swaps and yes donate to the needy, that is of course if S.S.S. dose not take a life time to get. as I have no money for fabric. but I geuss I can dream. Penny
Old 03-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltingruthie
Most of my quilts have been for babies (nices and nephew's kids) so they have mostly been given away. Have made one for our youngest son and now working on one for the oldsest son. I hand quilt so it takes me longer. I have also developed a retinal problem so the sight isn't as good as it use to be. I have surgery Wednesday so hope that well help the sight if not just have to learn to live with less sight. Thanks for listening. Ruth
good luck with you surgery and I hope all gose well. Penny
Old 03-06-2010, 07:19 PM

I have 11 kids.. theres always someone standing in line saying oooh thats mine when its done.. I'd like to make one for myself. have yet to do that
Old 03-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Zoe

I've been quilting for many years and recently finished a Shutterfly photo book with most of my quilts. I made an inventory of the quilts, with the happy outcome of a time-line becoming apparent. I was able to document my first efforts up to my latest. I discovered that I'd given many away (thankfully I kept photos of most of them). The quilts I've kept are hanging on our walls, changing with the seasons. Yes, quilting is indeed therapy. There were times when I just needed to hand quilt and to get lost within this art. Thanks for such a provocative post. :D
Old 03-06-2010, 08:21 PM

Mostly I give them to family members and friends. Each of my kids has at least two quilts and I have made one for each of my granddaughters. There are also a lot of quilts hanging out at my house!

I just keep making them---I can't stop!!