Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What to do with this fabric? >

What to do with this fabric?

What to do with this fabric?

Old 03-04-2018, 01:44 PM

I like the idea of a Hawaiian shirt, but the only garment I have finished was a pillowcase dress for my (then) 2-year-old daughter, so I'm not sure that would be a good use of the fabric. The website that Janey and Madamekelly used is awesome and I love how the fabric looks as a OBW. I like this idea and will have to put it in line. Thanks for all the great comments.

I have no plans for the quilt. I was just looking through my goody bag when I got home from our sew night and wondered if this fabric would work for that type of quilt. Now that I have this website I can look at some other fabrics we have and see if they will also work.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by wesing View Post
I like the idea of a Hawaiian shirt, but the only garment I have finished was a pillowcase dress for my (then) 2-year-old daughter, so I'm not sure that would be a good use of the fabric. The website that Janey and Madamekelly used is awesome and I love how the fabric looks as a OBW. I like this idea and will have to put it in line. Thanks for all the great comments.

I have no plans for the quilt. I was just looking through my goody bag when I got home from our sew night and wondered if this fabric would work for that type of quilt. Now that I have this website I can look at some other fabrics we have and see if they will also work.
Here is the web site I used to make the diagrams above. Have fun playing with it.

http://oneblockwonder.com/design-helper/#

Remember to show what you come up with.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

if you decide on a stack and whack or other type of kaleidoscope quilt - i am wondering if 3.5 yards is enough ?
Old 03-04-2018, 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=madamekelly;8015635]Here is the web site I used to make the diagrams above. Have fun playing with it.

http://oneblockwonder.com/design-helper/#

I tried a piece of fabric and it's fun! Thanks for the website information.