Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What to do

I think a lap quilt would be perfect especially since that is how you learned to sew. I know it would mean the world to me if one of my children would do that.

I think that is a beautiful idea...good luck to both of you andyou are both in my thoughts and prayers..

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer I received several quilts from friends and family. Ohhh, just loved using them. To enjoy the fabrics and patterns took my mind off the "yuckies". Your foster mom will so appreciate your kindness.

I think it would be a great idea!!

I'm sorry you got such terrible news. I think making a lap quilt will be comforting for you as well as for the recipient. And even being a 1000 miles away your love and prayers will make a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by fidgety
    I have recently found out that my foster mother has been diagnosed with cancer. She is in stage 4 of what started out as breast cancer, ( undetected), that has spread to her bones. This is the woman who taught me to sew when I was young. Does anyone think making her a lapquilt is a silly idea? I am 1000 miles away and cannot be there to help, and I so want her to know I am thinking about her thru her journey. I feel helpless.
    This is a great idea...something bright and cheery would be just the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by pojo
    Do it now you will never regret it.
    Make it simple.
    I agree! It is a GREAT idea.

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    Do not tarry in getting this done. Make a quick pattern and get it sent out. Another idea is a long more narrow quilt to use as a shawl .I am a nurse and see lots of cancer patients,they get so cold.
    Rae
    That is a wonderful idea!!!

i also was a foster parent - and so appreciative that i have a couple boys who are now 20 & 17 that i am in contact w/ It is wonderful to know now that they so appreciate everything we went thru and how those things have helped mold them into the kind wonderful young men they are today.

She will sooooooo very much appreciate it!! And if you haven't reminded her how much you appreciate what she did for you - get that phone call made, the email sent, card sent and let her know! You will make her day for many days to come!

And hugs to you

Blog Entries
    You're gonna make me cry! It is a wonderful idea.

Please make and send her a lap quilt made by you! Keep it simple, so it can be finished quickly, and mailed. She will appreciate your gesture of love!
    Sending her a letter or note card, say, once a week, will help her to know how much you care. She will treasure your efforts and your concern.
    You both are in my prayers!

I think it is a wonderful, thoughtful, loving, and useful idea. It will mean a lot to her.

I think sewing a comfort item for the woman who taught you to sew, when she needs comfort is the only logical thing to do when you cannot be there in person. Imagine how proud and blessed you would feel if your daughter sewed something for you! It is the most perfect idea. Please do it.

Power Poster
    Making her a quilt will show her how much you appreciated her and the sewing that she taught her. A quilt and a pillow would be nice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fidgety
    I have recently found out that my foster mother has been diagnosed with cancer. She is in stage 4 of what started out as breast cancer, ( undetected), that has spread to her bones. This is the woman who taught me to sew when I was young. Does anyone think making her a lapquilt is a silly idea? I am 1000 miles away and cannot be there to help, and I so want her to know I am thinking about her thru her journey. I feel helpless.
    I do not think it is silly at all. She will just love it. It will be like having you there with her. I say go for it.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    It's never too late while they are here to show your undying love for them. Giving a quilt is like sending a big hug. Wish you both well. Prayers going up as we speak. HUGS
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is a wonderful idea. It will mean the world to her and will bring her comfort every day. Stay in touch as much as you can, it will help her so much!

Blog Entries
    I agree with everyone else. It would be a wonderful thing for you to do for her.

She of all people will understand that act of love. I recommend you make the quilt, and send it along with a letter and some photos (if you have any) to remind her of how much she means to you. We'll be praying for her.

Darren

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2