Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What to do when lack Sewing Mood? >

What to do when lack Sewing Mood?

What to do when lack Sewing Mood?

Old 05-27-2010, 06:20 PM

I usually clean up the sewing room for when I do feel like doing something and spend a few days looking through old quilting magazines or, I go to Barnes and Noble and pick up a magazine on something totally other than quilting like beading or photography.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:21 PM

Go buy new fabric. Something out there will inspire you!
Old 05-27-2010, 06:22 PM

Don't force yourself. It will come back in time, when you're ready. Not sewing isn't against the law. :D
Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Banned

A swift kick in the petunia! ;-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74668.jpe  
Old 05-27-2010, 06:37 PM

I usually do something else for a while. Crochet, cross stitch, yard work, anything different. Usually just takes a week or so and I'm back at the machine.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

I usually go to the library and get a stack of quilting books to look at. They always inspire me!
Old 05-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by sabrinaquilts
What do you do when you can't seem to get back into the mood of quilting? I know for some that maybe a blasphemy, but let us just pretend seriously for a second. I don't mean burned out of doing quilting. Maybe unmotivated might be a better description. Quilting used to be an escape. I used to sew at least 3-8 hours everyday faithfully. Now I have a new sewing machine but even that is not working to boost my enthusiasim because I have to take classes to learn to really use it.

What do you do when you suddenly drop the desire to quilt and know you really need to get back into it?
Hi I know the feeling. Seems like the only sewing I was doing was when I was going to the weekly quilt group. But I finally moved my sewing room around and now I have my desire to go there and sew.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by sabrinaquilts
What do you do when you can't seem to get back into the mood of quilting? I know for some that maybe a blasphemy, but let us just pretend seriously for a second. I don't mean burned out of doing quilting. Maybe unmotivated might be a better description. Quilting used to be an escape. I used to sew at least 3-8 hours everyday faithfully. Now I have a new sewing machine but even that is not working to boost my enthusiasim because I have to take classes to learn to really use it.

What do you do when you suddenly drop the desire to quilt and know you really need to get back into it?
I had this problem too. Then my friend and I started having "sew days". I go to her house once a week, she feeds me breakfast and lunch and we sew all day long. Sometimes her daughter joins us too. Between "sew day" and this message board my spirits are high and I am having a great time!

I hope you aren't suffering from depression! That also was part of my problem and quilting has brought me some relief.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by janedennis
I get that way everytime i finish a top. I dont have any thing cut yet for a new top so cant get started, if i had something cut i would work on it.
I make up "kits". I use ziplocks and put the fabrics, pattern, thread, etc. in there and keep a basket full of these kits under my cutting table. When I need a project I just shop in my basket!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:18 PM

I read, if I get burnt out I know I need a little me time.(no sewing machine.