Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do yo do when you just can't sleep? >

What do yo do when you just can't sleep?

What do yo do when you just can't sleep?

Old 09-04-2011, 07:14 AM

Since I don't have to get up in the mornings, and I have my own bedroom, I usually read my bible. It relaxes me.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 AM

OH Boy, A radio program to listen to in the wee hours of the morning. I'm always up in the wee hours of the day and to hear this station you told about would be great. Only problem I had this morning is it isn't on during the week-end. :-{
Old 09-04-2011, 08:41 AM

My grandmother told me the older I got the less sleep I would need. Yep, as usual she was right. I now at 80 just go with the flow and do what ever mood strikes. Being an art nut about all types of things I never run out of ideas for the wee hours of no sleep. To have this radio station during the week is great. Thanks so much for the link. Looking forward to Monday.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

We had a storm last night that woke me up. i tried to do some sewing but everything I did was wrong so i just come to the computer and play games.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:00 AM

OH yes. That is always fun if the weather don't take the computer away. LOL
Old 09-04-2011, 09:04 AM

It's a perfect time to quilt!!! No interruptions, no phone ringing, don't cook at that time of the morning. I feel like it is my time!!! Not obligated to do for someone else. I use to toss and turn trying to go back to sleep but now I look forward to these times.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:06 AM

Most nights I can't get to sleep until about four in the morning. Brain won't shut up and I feel like instead of lying in bed trying to get to sleep I could be doing something productive. Last night I...

*Counted the pieces I cut out for a quilt. I had only bought half yards (not nearly enough to make the quilt) so I needed to figure how much more fabric I have to buy to finish this quilt.
*Figured out how wide I had to cut my strips for another fabric. Would have cut the strips except I got into watching WALL-E.
*Searched the Internet for DWR patterns trying to figure out how to execute a variation I had come up a few years ago. Ended up coming up with a different variation that might be easier to do.
*Checked a bid on eBay for a set of Winding Ways templates I bidded on. I already had them, but lost two in the set---think they were in a Wal-Mart bag and might have accidently tossed them when I cleaned all the Wal-Mart bags in my room (makes me sick thinking about it). I'm winning at the moment.
*Attempted to iron out yellow fabric for the one quilt I have pieces cut out for. Decided not to when I found Mountain Dew got spilled all over it. And one pink fabric that I would of cut if I didn't get into watching a movie. Currently washing them. Will probably iron when I get back frm work.
*Skimmed through a book I got at this old timey merchant store in town. Went in for a candy fix and left with candy and a book that was only $1. Has a bunch of things in there and quilting was one of them. Figured for a dollar it was worth it.
*Skimmed through a book I bought at Barne's and Noble while on a man hunt for the new album by Kittie (went to FIVE stores trying to find it). Its about Japanese quilt blocks. Part of me thinks it wasn't worth the almost $30 I spent on it.
*Played Xbox 360.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:51 AM

I never have any trouble sleeping--sleep all night. Don't want to get up either.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Read, sew, or play on the computer.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:06 AM

I usually go out and read a book.