Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you call a person...

I love piecing quilts......not much for the cutting part....but wish i could machine quilt them....so far my efforts have been nothing but frustrating...thank goodness i can at least handquilt...lol we all have parts of the process we like better...if only i could afford to have them quilted....someday...meanwhile, i`ll keep piecing...lol enjoy playing with your fabric!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    I like to cut fabric, I like trim my scraps into usable pieces, I like to make crumb blocks, I like to piece squares and strips mindlessly. I like to fondle fabric, fold it neatly, shake it out and dream about what it could be...but I don't really like to put them together into a quilt and definately don't like sandwiching and quilting...

So what am I?

Fortunately my group I sew with has several people who don't like to cut, and absolutely love to find enough blocks in our orphan block box to put together and make a quilt.
    And we have several long armers who do the quilting of the soldier quilts.

Over the last seveal years I've made several hundred 6" crumb blocks. I find it very relaxing but another person has collected all the small scraps from our group to use as stuffing for pet beds for shelters. So now I'm doing strips.

For those of you who don't enjoy cutting-have you tried the GO? Does a great job cutting! I love mine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    I like to cut fabric, I like trim my scraps into usable pieces, I like to make crumb blocks, I like to piece squares and strips mindlessly. I like to fondle fabric, fold it neatly, shake it out and dream about what it could be...but I don't really like to put them together into a quilt and definately don't like sandwiching and quilting...

So what am I?

Fortunately my group I sew with has several people who don't like to cut, and absolutely love to find enough blocks in our orphan block box to put together and make a quilt.
    And we have several long armers who do the quilting of the soldier quilts.

Over the last seveal years I've made several hundred 6" crumb blocks. I find it very relaxing but another person has collected all the small scraps from our group to use as stuffing for pet beds for shelters. So now I'm doing strips.
    What are you? You are a darling!

T.
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    I call you my Soul mate. I love cutting, piecing and sewing the tops. stops there!
    Me too, exactly!

Okay Judith1005 and NativeTexan, I will cut and piece, and occasionally, sandwich; I do despise the quilting part. Just not good at it. I think we should make a club on the board: Pass around blocks, have a couple of us sew them, another couple bind, etc. I will even donate batting!

I love to do the same thing. Making blocks is so relaxing. I find it gets frustrating at times to put them together. I do get them together but then the dreaded quilting.
    My daughter has a mega frame and machine so hubby has set it up in the basement for me but I am waiting for her to bring the cord for the machine and the video on how to roll the quilt. My friend is coming from Oman for a couple days and I want it ready for when she gets here as she uses a frame.
    Her discription of quilting is "on your small machine it is like writing with you moving the paper instead of the pencil whereas with the frame you are moving the pencil not the paper" I like the way she discribes it.
    I am getting excited about the quilting but daughter is taking her time.
    I jusdt keep making blocks. Must have enough done for about 20 quilts. Plus I have about 20 tops ready to quilt. Reason I need to learn to do the quilting.

Blog Entries
    I am a part of some society. I like to read Quilting board, buy fabric, quilting notions, books and even an Accuquilt go with several dies. So far I have neither cut nor sewn a stitch. Am I crazy or what? Each day after I read QB ... I say "tomorrow is the day I will start". Is there help for me?

Blog Entries
    What are crumb blocks?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan
    "Blessed are the Piecemakers!" :-D
    YES YES YES!!! You are a blessing to others!!! Keep it up!
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Crumb blocks are a cousin to the old fashion crazy quilting. You just pick up a small piece of fabric and sew a second small piece to it and then keep adding to it until you get the size you want. The more random the first few pieces are the more interesting the block is.

Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville has wonderful directions http://www.quiltville.com/crumbs.shtml

This was my first attempt at QAYG strip ways instead of block by block. I didn't like the borders.
    Name:  Attachment-224295.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  72.4 KB

lassagna quilt
    Name:  Attachment-224303.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  78.8 KB

I sew all my little squares together until I can find a use for them, for this one I used it as the sashing between ducks
    Name:  Attachment-224305.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  47.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

oops

I call you my sister, I do the same things

a "block-head"? I really mean that in a nice way.

OOPs didn't mean to post twice, and don't know how to delete the 2nd so I'll change the msg.

Blog Entries
    Being able to cut fabric accurately is a talent in itself!

I've started several crumb blocks because I hate to throw out fabric. My grandmother went through the Depression and she saved everything. When she passed away and I watched my mom and her siblings having to sort through all her things, I decided I would never be a hoarder of anything. So, I feel the need to use up my crumbs before they get out of control. Unfortunately, I have several crumb blocks, but no finished quilts from them. One of these days, I will be the one donating them to the "orphan" box, I fear. At least I won't feel like they went to waste or got stuffed in a pillow somewhere.

I like making the tops but that is as far as I go
    the fun is over and i am moving on to the next project
    'let the long armer take over :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Leota
    A Cut-UP????

We may have to meet up when I'm in D.C visiting my DD
    that was a good one. LOL

How wonderful you can share your love with other's dislikes! I like all phases of quilting, so I guess I'm selfish, not sharing! i know people who would definitely invite you over to do their cutting for them!

i have moved from "fabriholic" to "fabrimaniac". welcome to the club. there is no treatment, but that of more fabric and smaller pieces...

btw--it takes lots of work to achieve "fabrimaniac". wear it proudly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maurie
    I am a part of some society. I like to read Quilting board, buy fabric, quilting notions, books and even an Accuquilt go with several dies. So far I have neither cut nor sewn a stitch. Am I crazy or what? Each day after I read QB ... I say "tomorrow is the day I will start". Is there help for me?
    When you start, I expect we had all better watch out. It will be like a dam bursting. You are in for such a treat, you'll be unstoppable and so glad you have a ready supply of quilting supplies, tools and fabrics! I am betting you will wonder why you waited!!!

Sunny Southern California, actually Riverside
    Blog Entries
    I say you are someone who knows how to be happy in you own skin. Do what you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan
    "Blessed are the Piecemakers!" :-D
    OH I Like this one!!! It's perfect!

I call you a blessing!

I like to do bindings cause I know it is finished.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast