Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do you do with more than 1 machine? >

what do you do with more than 1 machine?

what do you do with more than 1 machine?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:04 AM

OOPS...double post!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Power Poster

when i only had one machine- when it went to the (shop) for repairs/service i was with out a machine for 2 weeks!!!
had to go find a back up-
now i have a (travel machine) too- a small simple one that's easy to take to classes ect.
but that one in the closet- that only comes out on rare occassions---that one's the most important one--without it i'm limited to hand stitching if my (real-machine) needs a break :)
Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 AM

You can never have enough machines IMO, I only have 4 but other than one they are all used, I use one for my quilting classes, one for my quilting group, one for my own use in my home, and I am sure that I could find a use for a few more :mrgreen:
Old 06-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Power Poster

Wow those are beautiful machines.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Remember the more the merrier, I have 19 that I use regularly in my studio depending on the mood I am in. Of course they are all treadle powered but I have the central treadle that I can pop which ever machine in that I want. That is not including the ones that I never use that are in my collection in the house nor the ones that are awaiting restoration and added to the collection.

Billy
Oh my, what a beautiful collection of machines. Such a lot of history packed into a corner.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:26 AM

I have a Janome 6500 too but this is not a good machine to take out to classes as it is heavy and I'm always afraid of damaging it when it is being lugged around. I do have a "couple" of backup machines. My Husqvarna Prelude 350 was suppose to be my main take to class machine and is equipped with the acrylic table, walking foot, 1/4" foot, padded travel case etc. but DD has "borrowed" it and fallen in love. I am now thinking about replacing it and am using my Featherweight in the meantime. I also have my Bernina 830 Record (the 35 year old classic) set up as it has an open arm and the Janome does not. I have not been able yet to find the perfect machine with every feature I like so having more than one machine is a good option.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:28 AM

Oh my, I am certainly in envy here!!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyB
I invite friends over to sew and set up my spare machines for them so they don't have to lug their machines to my house.
I do the same, three machines so everyone can use them. Right now I am taking my 10001 to the shop for its annual check-up so glad to have a back-up
Old 06-23-2011, 06:47 AM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YZ8N6Y/...520seam_2520gu

This is what we are using. Cant imagine the time I'd be spending with a seam ripper without them!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by wannaquilt1
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Remember the more the merrier, I have 19 that I use regularly in my studio depending on the mood I am in. Of course they are all treadle powered but I have the central treadle that I can pop which ever machine in that I want. That is not including the ones that I never use that are in my collection in the house nor the ones that are awaiting restoration and added to the collection.

Billy
wow your machines are so pretty! I want to pet them all :)
Me too!

Seriously - I have a machine for 'back-up', one that can be taken out quilting, an extra if a friend comes to play - and then I have a machine I got because I didn't want my DGD playing around on my computerized machines. It's a Janome Sew-easy, she loves it, but she loved the FW and sewed a pillow on it last time she was here. She's three and loves to make mini pillows and quilts for her dolls.