Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you make for males? >

What do you make for males?

What do you make for males?

Old 06-20-2010, 01:23 PM

I bought several wildlife panels, deer, bear, geese, fishing and used them as the center medallion for sofa quilts for my son and son-in-laws. On most of them I used log cabin blocks set in different designs and borders to make them large enough. I have made OU football quilts and Spiderman quilts and all kind of boy type quilts because I have 9 grandsons. I have seen all of these quilts lying on the living room floor in their homes so I know they are used!
Old 06-20-2010, 01:33 PM

Thanks again for all the great ideas. Keep them comming!
Old 06-20-2010, 01:37 PM

I would make them quilts in masculine fabrics, such as Civil War reproduction ones, using fast and easy patterns. And when you give it to them, tell them about the fabrics - about how they are reproductions of cloths that were in use during the Civil War. Most guys have an appreciation for that kind of thing, so that bit of knowledge would make it more meaningful and interesting to them.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:38 PM

Made quilt for my DS ... Rails. He is Type A businessman, but he loves his quilt and mentions it often .,.. never dreamed he would be interested. Gave my husband a quilt ... a Trip Around the World ... and he loved it and uses it every night while he watches ESPN.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:55 PM

I make quilts. All my family loves them and use them to.They are very selfish with them too.Don't want anyone else to use them thats why all of them have one. Some more than 1.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:03 PM

I gave my oldest son a large tin of his favorite cookies with a note that said refills are free for one year. But, I think I should have said 12 free refills. He shared his cookies very freely at work and I was filling it once every week or two. But, he loved it.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:34 PM

Is there a better compliment!!! :-D
Old 06-20-2010, 03:10 PM

LOL I think this year I am making my Dad an I spy bag along with the other children in my life. ;) All the men in my life have still yet to grow up so this is perfect for them. lol
Old 06-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

all of the guys in my world were the first to request quilts. and they all love them. i like making guy quilts...the young guys received game quilts or sport quilts, the older guys outdoorsy stuff, they show them off use them all the time...and let me know when another one would be nice :)
one year i made them all quilted outdoor vests
and when i started making everyone fleece socks (which sell in lands end catalogs for $18-$24 a pair) not only did everyone love them but a couple of the guys asked if i would make them 6 more pair...they wanted a pair for every day of the week ;)
of course, if you live in a warm climate they probably don't want fleece socks
Old 06-20-2010, 03:21 PM

I made my dh a bath towel, hand towel and facecloth with a Route 66 border. He just loved 'em! The towel set was plain and I attached the fabric border. He also likes shirts with a car theme(kinda like aloha shirts).