Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do you think of this design? >

what do you think of this design?

what do you think of this design?

Old 05-18-2010, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by crafter1953
I know of a place online that has all the colors you need in solid blues. thousandsofbolts.com, I just came from there. I remembered your post, so check it out can't hurt. I saw more blues than you would need. :) :thumbup:
I just looked, and they have a bunch of tone on tone blues too. I'm a bit overwhelmed, but now I believe I'll be able to find what I need either in solids, tone on tone combinations or possibly batiks. It's going to take a while because I am going to wait until I get eq7 and then I will try it all virtually before I make a decision. Maybe, when I've got the differerent versions created I'll post them here and get everyone's feedback. This group is so helpful and it's so much fun hearing from all of you!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:21 AM

Carol -

The Kaufman fabrics that Amber suggested look like they will fit your vision for this beautiful quilt. I also like the fan corners that you incorporated based on Sewcrafty's suggestion. You've done a great job laying this design out; I hope you enjoy the process and the finished product. I'm looking forward to pictures of your progress.

On another note, your design could easily be adapted to a 2-, 3-, or rainbow-colored project. I have too much on my plate to attempt it right now, but I would be curious to see another interpretation of your pattern. Do you plan to post or sell your design?

Darren
Old 05-18-2010, 06:24 AM

Yes, I, too, would like to get a copy of the design when you finish. It's beautiful.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by wesing
Carol -

The Kaufman fabrics that Amber suggested look like they will fit your vision for this beautiful quilt. I also like the fan corners that you incorporated based on Sewcrafty's suggestion. You've done a great job laying this design out; I hope you enjoy the process and the finished product. I'm looking forward to pictures of your progress.

On another note, your design could easily be adapted to a 2-, 3-, or rainbow-colored project. I have too much on my plate to attempt it right now, but I would be curious to see another interpretation of your pattern. Do you plan to post or sell your design?

Darren
If it all works out as I hope, of course I'll be happy to share it. As I work I'll create a pattern for it for anyone who's interested. Thanks so much for your kind words.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:52 AM

I think it's hard on the eyes
Old 05-27-2010, 06:27 AM

I like it as is!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:11 PM

OK, so I got EQ7 and I'm learning how to use it. I tried my design in solids and in blue on blue prints. The colors aren't exactly right yet--I think I can figure out how to get the colors I want but I haven't had a chance to play with that yet. So which do you like? The solids or the prints?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-87561.jpe   attachment-87562.jpe  
Old 06-17-2010, 07:43 PM

I love the prints, it gives it character!!!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 07:44 PM

Forgot to ask.....what pattern is this? Will you share it?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:02 PM

I love the prints!! It continues the movement in the quilt and keeps your eyes looking. Great job!!! :thumbup: