Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you think need to be taught? >

What do you think need to be taught?

What do you think need to be taught?

Old 11-29-2009, 06:57 PM

If I had read the previous posts, I wouldn't have asked that question!..........oh well. I didn't wait on you, cause I "retired" 6 years ago. We had a baby left on our proverbial doorstep, and I've been stay at home mom ever since. He is 6 1/2 and in first grade. We adopted him so no one can come and take him away. I'm sorry you miss MN; I would miss Oregon if I lived in MN. But teaching would give you lots of opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.

YTQ
Old 11-29-2009, 07:03 PM

Don't take me wrong, the people are very nice in OR. But your right, I would enjoy meeting new friends in OR and this would be a good way.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:58 PM

I wish you success in your endeavors. Your jacket is very beautiful, and I would take your class. I've wanted to make a pretty one for quite awhile, but so far all the other stuff gets in the way. Keep us posted about what you're doing and if you get a gig at one of the quilt shops, let us know. I will sign
up and learn a new thing...............how fun!!!

YTQ
Old 11-30-2009, 05:32 AM

That is a beautiful jacket. I would like one longer but I like your designs. I take classes, but actually enjoy the ones at my guild better.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:57 PM

Thanks for your interest. I talked with Rachel, the owner of Grandma's Attic today and she was very interested in adding me as a teacher. I will have a class on designing a stunning jacket where I will help students make their own personalized jacket. I'm going to make a new sample using a commercial pattern and adding graceful lines of flying geese and mandals similar to the one I made which was short. I would love to have you join me and exercise your creative side!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:20 PM

I'll be there!!! you go, girl!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Power Poster

I know I said I wasn't interested in garments - but I'm beginning to change my mind! Your inset blocks are so beautiful. Please let me know when your class will be. Grandma's attic is a bit far to go, but if the timing is right I will try to make it.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:13 PM

Living in the Denver area and using my LQS, not enough classes, or variety are offered and they become rather expensive. However, your expertise and talent need to be considered, of course. I think your LQS would love to have you and Sparky of course.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
I'll be there!!! you go, girl!!!
Great, I'm looking forward to meeting you. It will be 10-2 March18,25 and April 8.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
I know I said I wasn't interested in garments - but I'm beginning to change my mind! Your inset blocks are so beautiful. Please let me know when your class will be. Grandma's attic is a bit far to go, but if the timing is right I will try to make it.
It will be scheduled 10-2 March 18,25 and April 3. Even if you were not able to make the 3rd class you would get the info on making the inset blocks and information you could use for designing quilts as well as jackets. The methods I will demo are used on the national award winning quilts.