Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do your quilt scraps say about you? >

What do your quilt scraps say about you?

What do your quilt scraps say about you?

Old 01-14-2015, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

Mine are saying get yourself off that computer and get in here and sew!!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

That my fabric tastes regarding prints and colors has changed a great deal over my 20+ year quilting journey. Also that my taste in fabric quality has improved dramatically.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

Mine say I do a lot of children's quilts! Those scraps don't always play well with others, so they are only fit for a children's scrappy.

This is a fun thread... thanks for starting it!

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 01-14-2015 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
That my fabric tastes regarding prints and colors has changed a great deal over my 20+ year quilting journey. Also that my taste in fabric quality has improved dramatically.
Ditto this, plus that I don't use a lot of solids, but getting better at it! I also don't make enough for myself!
I can do 3.5" crumb blocks for quilts for others-not me. I like controlled scrappy. I love pink, yet need more in stash. Also says I need to do a few quilts using batiks.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:18 AM

My scraps basically tell me I need more sleep to make less scraps, (if only) I love color, reds & blues are my favorites with lots of other vibrant scraps in there too! They also say I need a much bigger container!! I don't work with a lot of flowery prints, I'm a traditional quilter who loves nature, but use bright colors in childrens quilts and ones with darker backgrounds. I don't like black & switch calls for black with navy blue. I love going through them to add a bit more color to a quilt I'm working on. They've even saved my backside a few times when I needed another little piece to finish a quilt!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

"Mad as a box of frogs" bits of everything.....including clothing.....all kinds of "stuff" all colours, and though not a particular lover of floral prints....a lot of those follow me home.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:48 AM

Mine tell a lot of lies about me because most of my quilts were made for other people, in colors and styles that don't really appeal to me personally!

There is a LOT of pink in my scrap bin, and that's my LEAST favorite color. But somehow I keep ending up making pink quilts. The pink also tends to accumulate in there because that's the last fabric I'm going to be tempted to grab for a current project. I need to do some pinky-scrappy baby quilts for charity, that's the solution to THAT issue!
Old 01-14-2015, 07:01 AM

They would say I'm a person who needs to create a little order in the world by cutting and compartmentalizing them into certain size brackets as I work.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

Yes sewbiz this is a fun thread

My friends give me their small scraps because they like to see what I can make with their unusable pieces. This gives me an eclectic, diverse supply which helps take me out of my traditional mindset colored with every shade of blue with samples of all colors but Orange.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:16 AM

Members of my quilting bee exchange scrap buckets each Christmas -- it is interesting how different each collection of scraps is and how colors/fabric reflected the member-- I have collected my bee scraps for a couple of years now and plan to make a postage stamp like quilt and have started cutting my 2 1/2 inch squares and sorting them into light/dark