Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What does the Quilting Police look like? >

What does the Quilting Police look like?

What does the Quilting Police look like?

Old 10-18-2011, 05:22 AM

The quilt police have furrowed brows, and a frowned expression - they have a sour look on their face that makes you think they've just drunk a glass full of vinegar. They are clucking their tongues, and wagging their pointed finger at you. They make you feel BAD BAD BAD. But the good thing is THERE IS NO QUILT POLICE!!! And don't you forget it!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:37 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I have no idea what they look like that is why I am in hiding from the QP. After my mil (bless her soul) stated that I should never make another quilt as I don't know what I am doing (keep in mind mil has never made a quilt)and my grandmother (god rest her soul) had always stated I make the best for being self taught, I Hide now !LOL (Grandma's compliment was just that, a very good compliment as she did quilts all her life !)I just keep cranking em out and if there is a flaw-its the quilt's character!LOL
Old 10-18-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by Deborah12687
I have seen the quilt police and they look like this puckered mouth short lady with eye glasses on her head. The sounds she makes are clicking of the tongue,hmmmm....then she raddles off all the bad things about the quilt stomps her feet then insults your quilt that you are working on. Ohhhh she also carries a big purse and gives you a ticket.
AND ITS MY MOM and her name is PAT. So beware of her she now lives in Washington State. So the rest of us are SAFE. lol
OH NO! I live in Washington! LOL!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:52 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
My quilt police who judges my quilts so harshly looks very much like the lady I see in the mirror. Mind you, this police woman only picks on me. Her voice says "if you are going to put the effort into this, you need to make it your best effort. This seam could be moved over just a whisker."

I wish she would be quiet sometimes.
Dang, she lives in my mirror too!! How do we get rid of her? :thumbdown:
Old 10-18-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by scrappy2
There is alot of talk about the quilting Police and since I break so many rules. :twisted: I think I might like to know just in case they show up at my door. Also If I knew what they looked like It might be my next Halloween costume. Descriptions Please!
They usually look and sound a lot like the Church Lady.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by scrappy2
There is alot of talk about the quilting Police and since I break so many rules. :twisted: I think I might like to know just in case they show up at my door. Also If I knew what they looked like It might be my next Halloween costume. Descriptions Please!
It's not about what they look like, it's about your right or their right.

They do have the right to remain silent!
You have the right to show them the door! :P
Old 10-18-2011, 06:17 AM

The quilting police don't scare me. I don't quilt for other people I quilt for me. If other people don't like what I do thats OK. I don't quilt for them. The quilting police are welcome at my house, they can even give me a ticket, which will be promptly thrown in the fire place.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:28 AM

I actually ran into one once. We were in a quilt store and she (whom does not sew quilts) walked up to a wall display and said loudly, "these corners do not match up". I was shocked that she could critize. Looked like a perfectly normal woman otherwise.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 AM

A while back someone had a doll posted. Maybe you could look that up.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:32 AM

ROFL!!! You are all hilarious!!! Thanks for making my day too. If I ever see a woman fitting any of these descriptions come to my door I'm going to tell her I don't know a thing about quilting and don't want to know. That way she'll go awayyyyyyyyyyyy! :thumbup: