Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is everyone working on? >

What is everyone working on?

What is everyone working on?

Old 02-11-2014, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kaylabean13 View Post
I am getting the blocks done for a quilt. Love the fabrics! Then I played again with free motion! I got bummed out when play time was over cause I just had to get these blocks pieced! Taking that darning foot off is always hard for me lol! But I will have a quilt to do soon enough!! Have a great day guys!!!
I am finishing the binding on a rag quilt. The quilt size is 98 x 108, so it is pretty big (at least to me). I did this one a lot different than my last rag quilt, the blocks are mixed in with strips etc. And each block has some free motion on it...just random no patterns really. It's not the prettiest but I do like rag quilts and how they soften up.
Serita
Attached Thumbnails quiltfeb2014.jpg  
Old 02-11-2014, 01:47 PM

Looks great so far.

Serita
Old 02-11-2014, 01:48 PM

I love the block and the fabric selection.

Serita
Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
After taking the first part of the winter off from sewing of any kind I'm finally back at making quilts. My first is a quilt for my massage lady's 1st baby due next month. She gave me a color scheme of aqua, yellow and grey and elephants. So I went searching thru my books and found this pattern. I had to take it into EQ to alter it to the size blocks I wanted and I've already found their sizes to cut for each strip is not working for me so I've altered it again. I made a trial block of both colors using the grey as the coins. Tell me what you think, please?
Old 02-11-2014, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Lea View Post
I am making pillow cases for our family reunion in July. So far I have 67 done. Hope to make 100. Using lots of fabric up. Everyone is different. Lots of fun.
Wow! Are you making one per person who is going to come--as gifts?
Old 02-11-2014, 02:03 PM

1. Mic-key pads for my nephew. His new tummy tube is causing some skin irritation.
2. Quilt for my sister in law. Finishing up center block embroidery hopefully today if the dogs, cat, and spouse don't send me to the funny farm first. the blocks are done but for the embroidered one.
3. Train #6 table runner
4. making surplice and with some smocking and cut work.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:19 PM

Wow, that is a lot of pillowcases. Would be great if you could post pics too.

Originally Posted by Diana Lea View Post
I am making pillow cases for our family reunion in July. So far I have 67 done. Hope to make 100. Using lots of fabric up. Everyone is different. Lots of fun.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:21 PM

I love your zipper bag. Did you work from a tutorial somewhere? I would like to check it out if so.

Serita
Originally Posted by klgls View Post
Needed a break from my queen-sized quilt I'm working on. So I found this cute zipper bag and made one. The left bottom corner needs some work - could not get it to miter right. It was a fun diversion. It has vinyl on the front so the lining shows through.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]461561[/ATTACH]
Old 02-11-2014, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Here is a photo of one of my unfinished blocks for my bookcase quilt. It is just a 'free style' quilt made to look like books on a bookshelf. I am making this one with 6 rows to look like a whole bookcase, will have brown sashing between each row and borders to make the 'bookcase'. Just google 'bookcase quilt' and you will find oodles of examples. It is a really fun, creative quilt with no pattern and NOTHING to match up!!!
great job!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]461577[/ATTACH]
I am working on the quilt On the Square. I finally finished all these blocks. They are block A. Now I am starting block B. It's easier than this one, so I should be finished this week, hopefully.
Love your use of plaids!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Trippgal View Post
1. Mic-key pads for my nephew. His new tummy tube is causing some skin irritation.
My brother has a tube also. What are these pads? He has the same tummy irritation problem.