Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what is good to sell at craft fairs >

what is good to sell at craft fairs

what is good to sell at craft fairs

Old 02-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

I have a real easy baby hat pattern to crochet. Send me a PM if you want me to send you the pattern. It is not copyrighted so I can share. http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...t-t198494.html
Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Lormito View Post
Te "snap bags" are always a big hit at my church fair. I buy the tape measures at the dollar stores, so they are really cheap to make. I don't remember if they sold for one or two dollars, but kids love them for their Moms. Every year the guild asks me to make them and aprons and potholders. I believe they sell out every year.
What's a "snap bag"? I searched the term, but got too many hits and none featured a tape measure.

Mug rugs sold fairly well at the Christmas fair. I put a cute note on each one to let folks know what they were.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 AM

As a 1st time craft fair participant I didn't have a clue what would sell so I took a variety of things. One of the items that sold really well (I could have sold more if I had had them) was a boy theme receiving blanket with one PeePee TeePee. Most people didn't know what they were and had a really good laugh when they found out it was to keep little boys from sprinkling you when you change their diaper. I sold 10 sets for $8.00 each. Christmas Table Toppers and Door Hangings also sold well. Also, aprons made from men's dress shirts were a hit.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

My guild table sold a lot of the snap bags too, all sizes. The bigger ones we made for cosmetic bags. Really over sized. DH gave me an old 1" wide 25" long tape measure that wouldn't go back in the case on it's own. It makes a great snap! for the big bags. We noticed that BIG sells better.

Here is video of one snap bag pattern. They are many free patterns online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkdpy5gyf6w
Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 AM

I have done craft shows for years. You never know what will sell this or next. Sometimes it is from show to show different things will sale. Pillow cases are also hot. Good luck and have fun. Oh sometimes I sat all day wondering why I am here because no one is buying then I am so busy and it's my best day.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 AM

Table runners and sofa backs are good too
Old 02-28-2013, 10:47 AM

I think something to check is what others will be selling. I know one year I participated in a craft fair and found there were many people selling the same thing, and this just makes shoppers look for the same thing at the cheapest price. Accessories for kids, cell phone covers and things like that which are fun and colorful and not high cost to make often are great things for craft fairs.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:21 AM

That time of the year is also good for selling "cool ties'. It helps to have one activated & wearing one to show how refreshing they are! Check them out at watersorb.com
Old 02-28-2013, 05:01 PM

I have a sister who is a craft fair seller, and this year, aprons are great. She charges $15 to $25 for hers, but they are really cute, and she makes seasonal aprons (Valentines, Christmas, birthday, Mom, Dad, I'm the cook, etc.) If this is your first at something like this, go "lots of little, cutie things, not real expensive. Try to talk with someone who has done one in the past--(and make sure she won't be competing with you, hahah). And I haven't ever heard of a vendor's license for craft fair things; but we're in TN and I don't get out much. Will you be having to share your profits, or do you pay a fee for each day you set up? Have fun. I am glad I don't have to do this type of thing for a living (my sister does); too much work for too little money for my taste.....
Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 PM

Mother , daughter matching aprons .. and father and son matching aprons ( with outdoor or sports themes).