Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happened to F&P???

Fons and Porter used to be on our Public Broadcasting (Oregon) station on Saturdays......I went back a while ago to watch the last 2 and they aren't there!!! I did a scan looking to next Saturday and it's not on!!!!!!!! DANG!!!! I'm going to write them a letter!!!!! :thumbdown:

They have been gone from our line-up here, too!

Blog Entries
    Station changed to another program, they'll be back when this one runs its course. Probably in a couple months.

Pam
    You will find that PBS has "seasons" too. They usually run something like 9 weeks. Boo to "seasons".

Ours is still here, thank goodness.

You should write to your PBS, they're the ones that decide what shows to run.

Ours is gone too! Was here then gone then back for 2 and gone again!

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Fons and Porter used to be on our Public Broadcasting (Oregon) station on Saturdays......I went back a while ago to watch the last 2 and they aren't there!!! I did a scan looking to next Saturday and it's not on!!!!!!!! DANG!!!! I'm going to write them a letter!!!!! :thumbdown:
    I watched them last Saturday! Some public stations choose what they are or aren't going to air. Did you go to both web sites to find out what is going on?

Blog Entries
    public stations depend on donations to fund their programming. the programs that inspire the most donations get priority in their lineup. that seems logical and fair to me. they get the money they need and viewers get the programs which appear to appeal to the widest spectrum of the viewing population.

try contacting the station to see whether funding had anything to do with the change. if they had to drop it for lack of money, you might consider coordinating a fundraising effort to help them get it back on the air.

I have been watching them about 5 in a row every Saturday morning.

Blog Entries
    I found it Monday on our PBS, I never can keep track of where they are putting it next????

Ours is still on Thurs. mornings @ 8:30, I have my tv reminder set!!

Blog Entries
    Ours still shows the Saturday morning sewing/quilting show lineup, but they have dropped Kaye Woods show. Sometimes they do a telethon and then it's a hit and miss on which of the shows will be highlighted. But some of them like Georgia Bonesteel are the same reruns shown over and over.

And they wonder why they have trouble with funding. This has happened before. I'd find shows I like, start watching them, thinking "gee, I AM watching, so I'll donate", and the next thing I know, they're gone!!!! I've written them twice. Once to say Washington state PB had 5 quilting stations, why can't we and then about this issue. NEITHER time have they answered me!!!!!!!!!! I think I may look for a phone # to call........

We still get it here on PBS Saturdays, but they've dropped Quilting Arts, which was my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    public stations depend on donations to fund their programming. the programs that inspire the most donations get priority in their lineup. that seems logical and fair to me. they get the money they need and viewers get the programs which appear to appeal to the widest spectrum of the viewing population.

try contacting the station to see whether funding had anything to do with the change. if they had to drop it for lack of money, you might consider coordinating a fundraising effort to help them get it back on the air.
    This is exactly what I was gonna say. We just had the legislature cut our PBS funding in half. The station released a statement saying they would have to cut their program line up because they will be unable to buy the programs. They really focused on the kids educational programming they would be forced to cut.

Blog Entries
    Same up here in Vancouver, WA. Line-up said show was on but it was a Woodcrafters. Did catch it one time, a very old one - glad I did as they were doing a basketweave pattern I liked - but they've not been on again.

I can't watch that or Simply Quilts any more! I really looked forward to those shows!

Here it's hit and miss it seems, although come to think about it they weren't on the last two Saturdays. Simply Quilts went to a pay Chanel :evil: ...and I am to cheep to pay any more than I am! They have so many food shows don't see why they can't cut one of them!

Blog Entries
    We have Fons and Porter (for you St. Paulites and Minneapolis people and outlying areas) on Channel 17 at 7:00 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which is exactly 9 minutes from now. Byyyyyyyye! eDIE

Blog Entries
    Hello from another Dee, here in Ut I they are still on thursday on our PBS station. I noticed yesterday on channel 345 Quilt in A Day isn't on.
    Oh why don't we have a voice in all these changes? Quilt shows & fabric at walmart slowly disappearing...we are slowly becoming a rare breed, but looking at the number of members here I just don't see that happening.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnookie
    Here it's hit and miss it seems, although come to think about it they weren't on the last two Saturdays. Simply Quilts went to a pay Chanel :evil: ...and I am to cheep to pay any more than I am! They have so many food shows don't see why they can't cut one of them!
    Oh all the darn home improvement shows! I love to watch these shows but not 24/7.

I haven't been able to find any sewing or quilting
    programs on the two PBS stations that we can
    get here. Too many cooking shows. I like cooking,
    but would rather see some quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingsusan
    They have been gone from our line-up here, too!
    Our PBS canceled ALL our sewing shows. Said there was more demand for children's cartoons than sewing shows. Is there something wrong with this thinking? Do children buy from their auctions or donate money? I no longer support ant PBS programs nor do I donate during their fund raisers. And I told them so. Most of my other sewer buddies have done the same.

I cant get any quilting shows either!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast