Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you changed since using Quilting Board? >

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 AM

What I have changed is that my sewing and quilting rooms are much more organized. Also have learned SO much about why I make mistakes and not to take them so seriously. And my "quilts to make" list has gotten SO long from all of the beautiful work seen on the board!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

I ventured out and participated in a round robin and a row robin. Would not have dared work on anyone else's top before then (the "not good enough syndrome).

I learned to appreciate patterns and colors that I don't particularly like.

I had to admit that I am addicted to this place.

...and a whole bunch more.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:14 AM

thanks for the Sharon Schamber video on basting. I hate pins! She is surely on of the great quilters.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:19 AM

The main thing among many is what wonderful people there are on this board!

I found out I am not the only one with a passion for old sewing machines, since joining this board, I have purchased two Featherweights, one treadle (I already had one), and a 99-31. I have learned so much more, but it is hard to list, as I have used so much information that I have received from the wonderful people here.

I feel truly blessed. Thank you all my friends.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:30 AM

I have learn soooo much on this board, but the reverse applique technique has been eye opener. Love this technique. I have also refered so many people to this site. Love it and all the chatter on the board.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:46 AM

I have learned everything I know about machine quilting on this board. All my cutting and piecing used to be by hand and the rotary cutter was something I never knew existed.

Besides seeing what everyone else has been working on, great tips and videos, I have come in contact with so many generous and talented people. Everyone is so eager to help and sincere in their comments.

My mother passed away five years ago. She was my biggest fan. My DH always reminds me that there was NOTHING I couldn't do well in my mother's eyes and that I was always right! I sometimes feel that this board IS my mom speaking to me from above. It is such a comforting feeling, especially since I am usually in an experimental state when I am quilting, but everyone makes me feel like I can do anything, and with practice, I can even do it well.

So a big HUG to all my quilting friends. You are the greatest!!!!! Please.....Keep teaching me. Thank You All!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:57 AM

Just simply encouragement to keep trying something harder and keep improving my skills. Also, that others are also beginners in FMQ and I can get encouragement here if needed.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:06 AM

I forgot to mention that I finally organized my fabric because I learned about wrapping it around a core and standing it upright. SO MUCH BETTER than piles of fabric getting messed up every time I need the one on the bottom!

In doing this, I realized that I can't possibly use all my stash in my lifetime!
Old 09-22-2011, 11:19 AM

If you are thinkiing in terms of a long arm, check them all out. It is a big investment and there is a learning curve but well worth the time and money especially if you plan to make a business out of it.
Originally Posted by quiltmau
Originally Posted by sguillot
Yes, I print way to many but you never know when the perfect one will come along.
Originally Posted by gramtam
I have learned sooo much from this board!! I also feel a community of friends that have the love of quilting but also for faith and family! Does anyone else print off their favorite patterns, ideas etc and put them in a binder?? I have a 3" binder bulging from all the things I never want to forget from this site. I guess I don't truly trust the electronics to save this info for me!! But at least it is organized and can easily be found!! lol!!
thinking of getting a quilt specific system! For all the great ideas here!
Old 09-22-2011, 11:20 AM

Oh my, where to start, where to start???