Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you changed since using Quilting Board? >

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 PM

I have learned so much. My quilting has improved 100%.
Most of all, I have learned that board members are the most amazing, giving people.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:09 PM

I've learned: 1) That is's ok to ask for help; 2) to wash fabric first; and 3) that I can become addicted to something. I have so many things still to learn. My husband would say that I learned how to spend more money. :-)
Old 09-22-2011, 01:26 PM

I've learned so many things I can't begin to list them all. To Candlequilter for showing me the wonderful world of paper piecing, to CraftyBear for guiding me to all those wonderful sites and to all the terrific people I now call friends. This isn't just a quilting forum, it is a family and everyday I see the love in the posts and the responses.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:32 PM

I found the board because I didn't have anyone to teach me and I have learned more than I could ever absorb! And after a few years, I realize much of my expertise is due to all the wonderful quilters here!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Learner747
Like what is Glue Basting?
You actually use washaway glue (school glue) to attach the applique pieces to hold them in place while sewing them down. Glue also comes in handy for the binding process.

Originally Posted by mary hennessey
What is mole skin?
I think its first use it to put it in shoes as a cushion for bunions. It's a tannish color thick pad that can be cut and stuck to the sewing machine as a 1/4" guide.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Learner747
Like what is Glue Basting?
You actually use washaway glue (school glue) to attach the applique pieces to hold them in place while sewing them down. Glue also comes in handy for the binding process.

Originally Posted by mary hennessey
What is mole skin?
I think its first use it to put it in shoes as a cushion for bunions. It's a tannish color thick pad that can be cut and stuck to the sewing machine as a 1/4" guide.
Thank you!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:19 PM

Don't know that I've changed a lot but have realized I'm a member of a wonderful family who are caring, considerate, helpful, supportive and above all loving.Thank you everyone.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:37 PM

i hope you ALL post what you have learned. so tomorrow i can read it and find out what i don't know. :) :)
Old 09-22-2011, 04:12 PM

Wow--have learned so much from this board!! I can't think of anything to put down right now that hasn't already been mentioned numerous times. Oh yeah, I did learn about Featherweights and 301's and now have one of each. Not to mention that I learned what I want for the next 10 or so sewing machines (lol). I love this board and everyone on it--this is my main social life these days!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:29 PM

Oh my gosh.... I learned some GREAT tips just by reading this post! I've never heard of using glue... had never seen the basting method. I cannot wait to try both new tricks this weekend.

Now if I could just figure a way out of the day job (but keep the paycheck!) to allow more time for quilting.... :) Anyone learn how to do that yet?