Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you changed since using Quilting Board? >

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

Old 09-22-2011, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by San Diego Quilter
Oh my gosh.... I learned some GREAT tips just by reading this post! I've never heard of using glue... had never seen the basting method. I cannot wait to try both new tricks this weekend.

Now if I could just figure a way out of the day job (but keep the paycheck!) to allow more time for quilting.... :) Anyone learn how to do that yet?
I would like to know how to do that too!! :thumbup:
Old 09-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Learned lots but am doing less quilting because I spend too much time on the QB...of course loving every moment! My most favorite is being part of a group of quilters who are so very wonderful, kind and generous.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:08 PM

I've learned to allow at least 2 hours a day to quilting board
Old 09-22-2011, 06:19 PM

Something I have not ever done until now is pre-wash. It's a lot of extra work, so I haven't seen the payoff.,,yet. I just started on a quilt for my oldest grandson. Every piece prewashed and while I was at it I went ahead a pre-washed my small, but growing stash. If I'm going to put that much work into something...I may as well take my time and do it right. Thanks to Quilting Board members.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:44 PM

I have learned that I can do anything I set my mind too. If I need help I come here.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by scrappy2
Originally Posted by San Diego Quilter
Oh my gosh.... I learned some GREAT tips just by reading this post! I've never heard of using glue... had never seen the basting method. I cannot wait to try both new tricks this weekend.

Now if I could just figure a way out of the day job (but keep the paycheck!) to allow more time for quilting.... :) Anyone learn how to do that yet?
I would like to know how to do that too!! :thumbup:
As I said in another post, someone figure out how to get the board on daily audio tapes and we can all listen and sew sew sew and the one who invents it gets rich. LOL
Old 09-22-2011, 07:21 PM

I've found other quilters in my area whom I have met face to face. What fun.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:39 PM

thank you for that tutorial!!
from what i hear we could all use a lesson on our binding!!
katz
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by jillaine
cjomomma, thanks for sharing your story. I have found that quilting has been a wonderful anti-anxiety drug myself. It's been a tremendous contribution to me the last year or so.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditto...great "medicine" for depression and anxiety...also for chronic illness issues...I lurked for a couple of years, too...don't know why it took me so long to join....just glad I did!!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 PM

Dear Jillaine,you have given me so many helpful sites to peruse. The one thing I can't thank everyone enough for is the info and feedback about Featherweights. I have had mine since 1959 when I was 19 years old, used it originally for sewing curtains, slipcovers (my first project and they turned out great), and clothing. Put it away for years, used it only for mending. Then bought a Singer and then a Babylock which I have used for many quilts, both piecing and quilting and for embroidery. The Babylock died recently, was going to be so expensive to fix, so I bought a used Bernina deco 330 (embroidery only.) Through this board I found praise after praise for using the FW for piecing my quilts. Well, I pulled it out about two weeks ago and have had the best and easiest time ever in piecing my quilts. So smooth, consistent and quiet. Thanks to all of you who shared their experiences with their FW. I'll post a picure of this quilt I am making for my son-in-law for Christmas. He likes bears so am using the Bear Paw block pattern and a themed fabric with pictures of bears. Again, thanks to all you great people who share with others on this board.