Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you changed since using Quilting Board? >

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

Old 09-22-2011, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Carol J.
We are never too old to learn new things and I have learned alot just listening to the comments of others on the board. Met a new friend or two and can share skills I have learned over the years.
Information such as we have been exchanging cannot be bought and paid for; friends helping friends, that is life at its best.

Carol J.
Ditto for me! I have also learned that quilters are such a caring community.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by heather1949
Just being on this board has changed my life for the better,as for quilting well that's got a whole lot better,when I can get to it and am not in here that is. ;) :D
I have also found out everything Heather1949 said. My name is Heather too.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:13 AM

[quote=cjomomma]
Originally Posted by jillaine
cjomomma, how did you stumble upon QB?
It's a long story but I will try to shorten it. LOL!
When I was pregnant with my 4 year old about 3 months in my hormones went wacky and I started having severe anxiety and panic attacks. I couldn't sleep when the anxiety kicked in so I would spend my nights surfing the internet trying to occupy my mind. I had been quilting for a few years but I wasn't very good at it so one night night I did a search for quilting and it brought me here. I was a lurked for 3 years before joining the QB. So I guess you can say I've been here for 5 years now just not as a member. :-)
I am sorry about your panic attacks. I have been through them as well. The night time ones are real bad as you can't sleep, no one to talk to except I used to annoy the nurses at the local hospital
either by phone and going to see them in person at 1-3am Some times it helped some time not. None of the medication I was on worked as I would try to sleep sitting up in the lounge room so as not to disturb DH as he just didn't understand. I found a cure or relief in getting my new kitten. She helped by just being there. I nearly lost her this week due to a snake but she is home and must be kept quiet in case she has a heart attack HAAAA No suck luck. I now have to lock her in the bathroom to stop her getting out until the Vet says it is alright. If you need to talk about your attacks PM me if you get one before 8.30pm my time and maybe we can go through it together.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi
Everything CompulsiveQuilter said and more. I just can't name them all right now. ;)
I agree with all of the above and more. You all have also helped my budget cause I don't have to buy books anymore to get all my answers. Somebody on the board always knows.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi
Everything CompulsiveQuilter said and more. I just can't name them all right now. ;)
I agree with all of the above and more. You all have also helped my budget cause I don't have to buy books anymore to get all my answers. Somebody on the board always knows.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:02 AM

Way to many to list so will tell of one I just learned yesterday.
There is a quilt shop here in Phx. that I did not know about.
The board is how I found out and also got a free pattern to boot.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:15 AM

Way to many to list
Old 09-23-2011, 07:03 AM

i've been reading this thread for a couple days. still haven't gotton all the way thru it. cause i just read a little at rest breaks.
i have learned soooo much here. my jane quilt has taught me the most and all the nice ladies on that thread who helped me. WOW. and i am/was just like the rest of you ladies. sorta self taught, from books, magazines, etc. one machine quilting glass. but i noticed non of you have mentioned organizing your sewing room. i think that putting my material on mini boards, on shelves, and setting up a display wall has helped me lots.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:06 AM

I too have totaly become a different quilter since joining this board. Went from quilting by myself to quilting with my DIL (really a bonding time for us)then my excitement rubbed on my DD (whom I have tried to interest her in quilting for years) & now I have 3 stations in my quilting room for us all. What a joy this has become.I really didn't know to starch either.I thought your backing was solid & had to match your front. Now I am making the backs with patterns too!! Had to have a featherweight too that my DD has took over(LOVES it)My DD made me a design board from the boards suggestions & he even bastes my quilts for me now. But then there came spray baste OMG wonderful!No QPolice!After being on the board each day my mind just dwells on what I have just learned & how I can use it for myself. I'm 68 but feel like 30. Thought there was just local Hancocks never knew about online stores & E-Bay1 You can imagine that my world just exploded-horizons expanded-Here I go gushing again! Can't talk about quilting without saying MY QUILT BOARD said to do it this way! Love you guys a lot!!!!Got to go now to my local thrift store to see what I can find. Bless you all!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

I have learned so much. Glue basting was one.