Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you changed since using Quilting Board? >

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

Old 09-21-2011, 08:37 AM

Mostly knowing that I can stop when I have a problem or questions and come here and ask or search and instantly get help!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Treasureit
Mostly knowing that I can stop when I have a problem or questions and come here and ask or search and instantly get help!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
How true!! It's having experts right at your fingertips!! :thumbup:
Old 09-21-2011, 08:56 AM

I've learned I don't have enough hours in the day to learn everything I can learn from here! Y'all Rock! (so they say)
Thanks for everyone posting bits and pieces to help us learn
new ways to do things, or tips make other things easier!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

I forgot to mention the wonderful spirit of the board: people I feel I know and definitely love- kindness, humor, caring- this board has it all :D
Old 09-21-2011, 09:05 AM

The best thing I have learned is that each quilt is unique in its own way. The board has given me the confidence to try new things and realize that it doesnt have to "be perfect"...Just adds character. lol

The board has offered many techniques that I can choose to use and most of all given me friends that I never would have met that are now precious to me---Thanks to all the board members!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:14 AM

I love the Quilting Board! I learned about glue basting and how to pin blocks better. It's also an inspiring place. I see a lot of love going on as well as gorgeous-gorgeous quilts!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:53 AM

I'm a newbie. I've learned the importance of pre-washing fabric before cutting. Also I read the tip on snipping all four corners of a piece of fabric before washing to cut down on the fraying during the washing process. Haven't tried it yet but will on my next quilt. Also, learned not to expect perfection on my hand quilting. Just keep practicing and the stitches will get better and better.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:56 AM

I think that starching is the best thing I have learned. next are all the tutes and video links that are so helpful, but the biggie is having a large group of friends, because everyone is so friendly and helpful. I moved across the country from CO to WV in my old age and left behind all my friends and former co-workers who all keep in touch and meet together regularly. I have been bereft here as I am now handicapped by a piched nerve in my back and cannot even walk for exercise, which was always my best form of exercise, being used to walking 3 miles a day. So, now, here I am, no exercise, no old friends and a very few people I know here. Now, I feel as if I have a vast amount of friends who will help me if I need it at any time.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:00 AM

I think I learn something new everyday. These plus so many more. I also appreciate the comments of others and love, love the pictures of others quilts share here. I look forward to each day's journey through the eyes of these talented quilters. I am also amazed that we are so diverse, from young quilters to those up in their years, to the fact we have this common bond all over the world.
Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
OMG I have learned SO much here.
I've learned about glue basting.
I've learned about putting mole skin on the machine bed for a more-accurate scant 1/4" seam.
I've learned to make HSTs bigger and trim them down.
In fact, I've learned how to square up and trim at all points in the process so my quilts are more "technically correct."
Most important is that I've overcome my fear of FMQ. It's a whole new world and I'm getting better each time with the knowledge and encouragement from all board members.
There are so many other things I've learned that I can't even remember!
Enough for now.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:15 AM

The knowledge gained here has become a way of life, to the point of not being conscious of the origin. The QB is my private 24/7 live in instructor, friendship circle, and often my meal companions.