Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you changed since using Quilting Board? >

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

Old 09-22-2011, 04:54 AM

Oh my goodness ... what have a learned here? SO MUCH! The members on this board are like a whole bunch of quilting buddies, some very experienced, some just learning like me! I am finding I absolutely MUST read each and every entry because I don't want to miss one little gem! I believe I am a more confident quilter thanks to this board. I've learned about the incredible process of spray basting that changed my quilting life! I've learned to be patient with myself and not be afraid to try new things like FMQ! I've even learned a lot about my Janome 6600P and the list goes on! Thank you all for being here when I need you!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:09 AM

I have learned how wonderful and suportive quilters are, they are not selfish and don't mind sharing ideas and tips. We can talk about anything, quilting related or non quilt related and have more support and help than I could ever imigine getting from any other place. No therapist needed anymore. I just come here.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:11 AM

As a self taught quilter this Board has been a godsend! I have learned tons, tons, tons!! The most helpful to date would be beeswax for my hand quilting thread. Far less tangles!!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by heather1949
Just being on this board has changed my life for the better,as for quilting well thats got a whole lot better,when I can get to it and am not in here that is. ;) :D
Same here!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:33 AM

One of the most important things I've learned is that there is no perfect quilt. I'm enjoying quilting alot more now that I'm not expecting perfection - which is a good thing cuz' I have a looooooooong way to go to even get close to that!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:49 AM

Glue and adhesive basting are the biggest timesavers I've learned here. And I had never even heard about using starch before. Now I wouldn't start cutting without it. I bought my Accuquilt Go because members sang its praises - and now I'm shouting its praises! Biggest timesaver of all - and accurate beyond words!

I didn't like the Dear Jane quilt until the DJ Christmas exchange, and I love it now! And I have a DJ Christmas quilt of my very own. I also have enough Black and White blocks from that exchange to make 2 quilts - currently UFOs. I made a OBW - and plan to make more - probably would never have heard of them without the Board.

I usually make quilts to be gifts, so I take a picture for my scrapbook and send the quilt off to the giftee. Before I found this board, I rarely showed the quilts to anyone. Now I post a picture and within minutes I'm getting praise! It's a wonderful feeling! We are all so supportive of each other.

I continue to be amazed and delighted with the talent I see in pictures posted here. People don't seem to realize how talented they are! I love all the pictures - from newbies who are just beginning their journey into the quilt world - to those who are posting a picture of their 100th quilt. All are wonderful.

I love the way we gather to encourage a member who needs help - lots of prayers go out from this board.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:50 AM

What I have changed.......I spend more time on this board than anywhere else on my computer.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:04 AM

I couldn't even begin to list the things I've learned and improved upon from being on this board. And it's not all quilt related either :)
Old 09-22-2011, 06:06 AM

First of all I feel better about my quilts not being perfect.

Removing thread and not pulling it backwards through the tension when I rethread my machine.

I tried my first use of basting spray, I love it!!!

Washing, starching, shrinkage, ironing - press and not move the iron around on seams,

On the general chit - chat about authors I found several new authors and currently reading a book that is hard to put down with the exception of this board, meals occasionally and even a shower.

More than I can think of now, thanks for all contributions to the board.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:10 AM

I found out from a good friend. Have learned a LOT. But the best hint was about the spray basting. Love all the opinion questions on different topics.