Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What I got done this wknd,what about you?

What I got done this wknd,what about you?

Got some time in the sewing room this weekend. I sandwiched a little baby quilt (stacked coins) and it is ready for FM later this week. Then I cut and sewn this rag cuddle lap quilt (think I might keep it for ME), now to get all the clipping done, that is good tv time. I did that on my old 301A. I made 2 receiving blankets to go to Germany for a gift along with some other goodies.. Got my old serger out to do this, since it is almost an antique. It still works because my newer serger (by a year) is giving me fits. Called in my personal sewing machine repair man, luckily for me he is a dear man and has put up with me all these years and he was able to diagnose it. Cut some thimble pieces for my thimble quilt, which I am just starting, this good be a very long process to make this quilt. Oh and I made a pillowcase to insert the turning twenty quilt I am giving for a wedding present. I always like to hear what others got done over the weekend and I hope you like hearing from me!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deedum; 02-12-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Love those rag quilts! Sorry to say, I did not get very much done this weekend. Cut out curtains for my sewing room, got them lined, but still have to make the valance.
    Bonnie

Blog Entries
    What a pretty rag quilt. I got to work on my latest quilt, a batik braid. I really like it. I sure hope I don't ruin it with my rookie fmq.
    Happy Quilting.

sewing is a wonderful way to speed the weekend !! and the week which is what i hope to do

I have made several rag quilts, I find after I sew two rows together to go ahead and clip what I have already sewn, makes clipping easier for me, rather than moving around the completed quilt.
    Dyan

Love those DOTS! Very cute.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Dyan View Post
    I have made several rag quilts, I find after I sew two rows together to go ahead and clip what I have already sewn, makes clipping easier for me, rather than moving around the completed quilt.
    That sounds like a great tip!I got more material to make my next rag quilt,bigger than this one. Clipping would be easier I think as you suggested. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Finished up two baby quilts for a customer. Sewed 60 batik blocks for a quilt and put them into rows. Now need to sew the rows together. Has been cooler, windy and rainy here in coastal Texas so a good time to sew.
    Dreams Do Come True
    Good friends are like quilts - they age with you, yet never lose their warmth.

Sounds like you were very busy. And finished some things. Good for you!

Like you, I got some quality time to sew this weekend. I got a Carpenters' Star top put together, layered and ready to quilt. also put together a quirky little Crow table runner, ready to quilt. And lastly, got a UFO, Winter Cardinals,
    layered but have to get more basting spray for it.
    Linda Sue **** Live,Laugh & Sew

Nothing sewing wise. Had to work all weekend.
    katigirl

You were so productive! I got the binding put on a quilt and started hand sewing it down and I knitted a little neck warmer.

Blog Entries
    I only had a little time to sew this week-end but I did finish a heart wall hanging and worked on another quilt top. I pressed all the seams, cut all the loose threads etc. It is now ready to sew together, hopefull today.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Really cute. Got a baby quilt ready for the frame ordered thread to quilt it with, and cut and almost finished piecing a DP9.

Blog Entries
    I finished quilting my first lap quilt this weekend. I cut my binding strips this morning before work (I was late). Just have to trim and square the quilt and apply the binding and label and I'll be done. I will definitely post pictures here when it's finished.

Very good colors

What a beautiful rag quilt - love the fabric - I am still trying to bury my sewing room from my last reorganization.

I've been working on 18" doll clothes for my granddaughters. I stopped by a yardsale and found white eyelet kitchen curtains that will work perfectly for some cute skirts for the dolls. Spent about 1/2 afternoon on Saturday cleaning out the hall craft closet as well. Also got 6 more pineapples appliqued for a quilt me and a lady from church are making for another lady who lost her husband. The pineapples are made out of her husband's shirts from Hawaii.

Diannia
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

I worked on an old ufo, one with a wart, hope to get it done soon, and held an open house on Sunday trying to sell my house.
    Sandy

I finished a full size bargello , and shipped it off to the Long Arm pro this AM. It felt good to have it DONE! and I had enough time to get the sewing room cleaned up a bit before bed.

Threw a party for 65 people at my home. There was no sewing at my house this weekend. Maybe next weekend...
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Would like to see a pic of the Crow table runner.
    Sounds like you guys were busy!!

I finished a block of the month top -Patriots in Petticoats - I hope to get it sandwiched next week. I also am working on a log cabin, braid quilt and a couple of others. Getting caught up is a challenge but no new quilts until the tops are done!!

I only got some of a binding done on a table runner this weekend. I hope to hem some fun pants tomorrow night and finish the binding Thursday.
    Have a good day!

You have been busy! I love your rag quilt. I didn't get as much done as you did. I got all the strips sewn together for a jellyroll 1600 quilt and got the first 4 seams together before I had to quit because it was getting late. I didn't get to start it till aroind 9:00 pm. Weekends are a zoo around here. Didn't get back into the sewing studio yesterday---laundry, cooking and household chores got in the way. Have an appointment this morning, but hope to get back to my jellyroll quilt this afternoon. Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of your quilting?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast